Villa Vie Residences

Host Jazzbeau

Well- when the itinerary was a fantasy and Mike never even checked the restrictions- one has to wonder if he ever planned to visit those places.  I have a feeling that Mike and Kathy are going to bale on this venture.  Either find a buyer for VVR or just declare bankruptcy and move on to their next con.  I already know China does not allow ships 30 years or older to visit their harbors.  So China is out.  

7 hours ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

I already know China does not allow ships 30 years or older to visit their harbors. 

Do you have a source for this?  I've never heard of this.  I know they have banned older tonnage from domestic trade, but wasn't aware of any proscription on international vessels.

Edited by chengkp75

39 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

There is some confusion about the CDC.  Are all cruise ships visiting the US from foreign countries subject to surprise health inspections?

The mandate is that the USPH, working for the CDC, are to board and inspect foreign flag cruise ships every time they enter the US from a foreign port.  If a vessel/cruise line decides to adhere to the CDC's VSP (Vessel Sanitation Program), both from a construction as well as an operational standpoint, then USPH/CDC will only do one or two surprise inspections per year.  So, by adhering to the regulations all the time, they reduce the number of inspections.  Now, since the Braemar never called at a US port before, there needs to be an initial inspection prior to the ship calling in the US.  The USCG also needs to complete a "Certificate of Compliance" inspection prior to any cruise ship entering US waters.

30 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

I see.  The question for many people (including myself) was why would VVR just cut out the whole of Canada and the US- including the port of Miami where several passengers planned to embark from.  I think there may be a host of reasons.

Well, if they are hemorrhaging money the way they seem to be, by not paying for USCG and USPH inspections for port calls, and the FMC bond for embarkations, they postpone the inevitable failure of the operation.  Canada has similar requirements regarding the Certificate of Compliance.  As you mentioned before, the visa cost is also there for the crew, when calling in either nation. 

After all is said and done, I believe I have a good idea of Villa Vie. I did have a formal presentation for a suite and was shown the various options, including the Golden Horizon and Founding Owners Programs. I noticed several red flags and am amazed at how this has become over time.

1. Not all passengers are equal, as Founder's are the nobility, with the right to vote others off and change contract terms, after the fact.

2. A strong "Stockholm Syndrome" or "Lord of the Flies" mentality, before launch.

3. Lack of basic privacy and use of "thought crimes" in private chat rooms.

4. The use of "cult like followers' to force submission to the CEO Mike.

5. Continued financial abuse of the Life at Sea alumni.

6. A much worse HOA at Sea, than even Disney's Celebration in Florida.

7. A possible future CNBC "American Greed show," staring CEO Mike.

8. Endless contractual guarantees, not being met, even before the ship sails.

8A. The loss of the ability to travel, provision, or refuel in Canadian/American, Chinese, or Japanese territorial waters.

9. The lack of ability to travel through much of the promised itinerary, due to above limitations.

10. Total failures above, which will greatly diminish Villa Vie's to market, sell, expand the brand.

11. An economic model which is unsustainable.

12. No "soft landing" or protections for buyers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

After all is said and done, I believe I have a good idea of Villa Vie. I did have a formal presentation for a suite and was shown the various options, including the Golden Horizon and Founding Owners Programs. I noticed several red flags and am amazed at how this has become over time.

1. Not all passengers are equal, as Founder's are the nobility, with the right to vote others off and change contract terms, after the fact.

2. A strong "Stockholm Syndrome" or "Lord of the Flies" mentality, before launch.

8A. The loss of the ability to travel, provision, or refuel in Canadian/American, Chinese, or Japanese territorial waters.

9. The lack of ability to travel through much of the promised itinerary, due to above limitations.

10. Total failures above, which will greatly diminish Villa Vie's to market, sell, expand the brand.

Thank you.  It's interesting hearing these things.  You had first hand experience with this and are very knowledgeable.  I remember one of the passenger absolutely fawning over Mike.  I think he has a way of charming women- but men are more apt to see through him.  

43 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

Thank you.  It's interesting hearing these things.  You had first hand experience with this and are very knowledgeable.  I remember one of the passenger absolutely fawning over Mike.  I think he has a way of charming women- but men are more apt to see through him.  

I've even suggested Miami attorney, Jim Walker P.A., who specializes on cruise line litigation.  People's comments are correct though, one needs to act fast, before possible bankruptcy. 

1 hour ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

He was always a big talker but no substance. His many business and employment failures are testimony to that. I always thought of him as a snake oil salesman or used car salesman.

In my eyes he is also the one who threw a wrench into LAS last year by going public with his worries about the ship (Gemini) just to select its sistership for VVR. 

He threw that monkey wrench right about the time when he was exposed to have booking numbers for LAS inflated. 

He used LAS to get a hold of a certain base group of people willing to buy into that concept of residential cruising, then made sure LAS collapses and took reservation money before VVR was even founded. 

I don't know if LAS would have ever functioned with the MV Gemini but we will never find out since big Mike made sure LAS is going to collapse and he will be celebrated as the hero who saved residential cruising. 

Edited by Travel_Around_The_World
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

#1 cracks me up. So, a group of people can just kick people of the ship and change things and everybody has to suck it up? Wowwwwww. 

And nobody knows who these people are? 🤣

That alone is so screwed up. That is so authoritarian. Since VVR is a Florida based company maybe someone should contact the States Attorney Office in Tallahassee. Getting people under contract and then just changing things after it was signed and paid for is illegal.  It's like buying a car and then you pick up a car with 3 tires missing. 

1 minute ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

#1 cracks me up. So, a group of people can just kick people of the ship and change things and everybody has to suck it up? Wowwwwww. 

That alone is so screwed up. That is so authoritarian. Since VVR is a Florida based company maybe someone should contact the States Attorney Office in Tallahassee. Getting people under contract and then just changing things after it was signed and paid for is illegal.  It's like buying a car and then you pick up a car with 3 tires missing. 

Yea, the two women were thrown off by this group.  It is the wealthier owners, who buy into this, while others abide by their group's decisions. 

7 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

Yea, the two women were thrown off by this group.  It is the wealthier owners, who buy into this, while others abide by their group's decisions. 

Well, Mike and Cathy are not wealthy, at least were not until recently. It would be interesting to know who these people are and if they were already with him during his Greek Yacht sales scam. 

The most important thing is to make sure that at the time of contract signing certain conditions were in effect which then retroactively were changed. If that happened then there should be no problem finding an attorney and file an immediate lawsuit. Since it is a Florida company it is as easy as walking to the courthouse. And it should be done before the ship leaves the Florida area (i.e. The Bahamas).

3 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Well, Mike and Cathy are not wealthy, at least were not until recently. It would be interesting to know who these people are and if they were already with him during his Greek Yacht sales scam. 

The most important thing is to make sure that at the time of contract signing certain conditions were in effect which then retroactively were changed. If that happened then there should be no problem finding an attorney and file an immediate lawsuit. Since it is a Florida company it is as easy as walking to the courthouse. And it should be done before the ship leaves the Florida area (i.e. The Bahamas).

Tell me more about "Greek Yacht sales cam?"

52 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

Tell me more about "Greek Yacht sales cam?"

Gotta talk to someone who has the details. Give me a few days. I usually tuned out when he started talking about the next great adventure, there were so many. 

When he started talking about it, I believe it was about selling and reselling yachts and they were doing it out of Greece or some Greek island. Buying yachts cheap and selling them expensive. That lasted all about 5 minutes. 🤣

At that time he said he hooked up with some people who have money (since he didn't have a pot to pee in). I wouldn't be surprised if one of those founders (and Greek scammers) is a guy named Henrik, his best buddy, who also lived in Florida but left overnight and headed for Thailand. He is living in Europe for a while now. So I am sure he is still around. 

13 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

VVR is actually "domiciled", or incorporated, in Delaware.

Not sure if this link works on here.

https://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=VILLAVIERESIDENCES P230000626800&aggregateId=domp-p23000062680-4e1131bb-424b-4beb-8fef-fd6a225987f1&searchTerm=Villa vie residences&listNameOrder=VILLAVIERESIDENCES P230000626800

I guess people can pick their poison pill (Delaware or Florida) 😅

(j) It is agreed by and between Resident and VVR that all claims, disputes, and matters whatsoever arising under, arising out of, or relating to this voyage agreement shall be litigated in and before a court of competent jurisdiction located in Wilmington Delaware or Broward County, FL U.S.A. The Agreement provides for the exclusive resolution of disputes through individual legal action on the Resident’s own behalf instead of through any class action. Even if the applicable law provides otherwise, Resident agrees that any lawsuit against VVR whatsoever shall be litigated by Resident individually and not as a member of any class or as part of a class action, and Resident expressly agrees to waive any law entitling Resident to participate in a class action. 

The whole group, including the women who's odd name is the corporation, Villa Vie, is so strange.  I mean they set up a second failed project, with many buyers from the first.  It's like timeshare salesmen, who pray on current/past timeshare owners.  The people seem to have the ethics of the timeshare industry, much like Westlake. 

28 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

The whole group, including the women who's odd name is the corporation, Villa Vie, is so strange.  I mean they set up a second failed project, with many buyers from the first.  It's like timeshare salesmen, who pray on current/past timeshare owners.  The people seem to have the ethics of the timeshare industry, much like Westlake. 

Not sure if her name was part of the name. 
I think it is derived from Italian in which villa vie translates to Villa Streets or French where it is translated as Villa Life. 

2 hours ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

I am NOT an expert by any means in US law, because I am a Brit but have worked with US based corporations as clients in the consumer arena.

My fear is that compared to elsewhere US consumer protection law is thin.  For example, as a poor generalisation if a US consumer signs a contract with a US company which allows in it’s terms and conditions that the “merchant” can change the contract terms and clauses then even though it is unfair it has often been decided that it is enforceable.  It may vary state to state and  I have retired far too long ago to be in any way in touch with current law.  

In the UK, EU, Oz and other places such clauses are unenforceable. 

I really fear for these people and hope we are proved wrong. I really want to hear that my fears and others are wrong and they have a good life. 

Jeff

41 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Not sure if her name was part of the name. 
I think it is derived from Italian in which villa vie translates to Villa Streets or French where it is translated as Villa Life. 

Perhaps some here with commercial law experience might have noticed that “lba” in commercial litigation stands for “Letter Before Action” and one hopes that “Villalba” wasn’t a bit of a”dark humour”. 

Jeff

I've been in the business for many years. I've seen sharks and pirates, success and failures. This is something new !. I feel sorry for the people that took the bait.

Anyone with basic critical thinking skills would have found out the other failure of the CEO and the human drama behind it. The Turks owners the Gemini, Mirai,  came public (1*) about the, then, frm. CEO. They had agreed to buy a ship from AIDA. When they went to Germany to buy the ship there was no money in the account, the sale failed and the ship was snagged by Celestyal. The rest is history.

They announced the bought the ship in December of 2023 and would depart in May 24'. The ship would be redecorated by Tillberg etc... Then they started promoting the venture in CNN, CNBC, and the rest of the corporate propaganda media.

The ship was not bought until in April of 24. Then they announce the will depart in May ! Who takes a 31 Year old ship in cold lay up after 4 years and thinks will sail in a few weeks ? Hello ??

It seems that none of these outlets did any basic due diligence before pushing it to their audience. Now to the ship it self. They never did proper a inspection. This would involve the ship to be dry docked for a hull and tank inspection. One of their Youtube parrots made parallels with buying a house only to tear the plasterboard away and discover the damage. and that all start ups like that are like that. Come one Mates that ludicrous !

A proper inspection would entail to examine all tanks, not those offered by the shipowners to see only... inspection of rudder and propeller sharts. etc..
Engines should be also inspected etc.. To blame Fred Olsen for selling them a ''lemon'' and DNV for doing FO favors etc.. does not look good..

Now on the ship it self,It's a compact vessel that has was desined for 7 day carribean cruises. It does not behave well in bad weather due to its shallow ,to its proportions, draft (5,4m) and is under powered. It was extended in 2008 and there was rumor that there ware cracks in the joint. It also vibrates excessively in the aft. Look at the video to see a scene at the gala. Use your head phones for the 30 sec part !

The reason ship cannot sail in USA is that needs to meet USPH requriments among others. The bonds are not req. unless operating out of USA.  The China 30 Year rule is for inland vessels and does not apply.

The financial model is bogus. False promises sold. Cult like environment and disciplinary action for anyone trying to question what happens with their investment..

Recipy of sucess !

Btw nice to ''meet'' you.

Just my 2c !

Edited by Giovanni66
  • Like 1