València

letsgocrusing

10 hours ago, letsgocrusing said:

I have a port stop in Valencia and plan to meet relatives coming from Gandia.  What would be the best way to meet up with them?  Since I can't tell how long it might take to get off the ship, I'd rather meet them in town and not at the port.  Thanks

They live one hour away from Valencia.  They are local. Let them pick a spot that's convenient for all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marazul said:

I'd rather meet them in town and not at the port

IMHO, there is more chance of you missing each other in town than there would be if you met them at the port, for a number of reasons.  Only a suggestion, but the port is not central but not too far out either, although you would need a taxi or public bus to take you into "town". and some of the very centre is pedestrian only although presumably your relatives would know not to suggest meeting there.  Only ported there twice, but each time there was definitely a small tourist information desk (or maybe it was a small office, I cannot quite remember) inside the terminal building and staff were on hand to give out city maps and information. Might a location like that be more easily found by you all?  I do not know, but they and you  would be undercover if the weather is poor, there should be seats of some description (I think but do not know for sure) and access to restrooms, maybe even a small cafe, so the terminal building as a meeting point may make more sense.

• Like 1