No Port Guide in the App for Puerta Vallarta- Mexican Riviera Discovery 10-28

James Bellamy

Does that mean they canceled the stop? I was going to book a private tour but if that is the case I won't waste my time. 

Or is it just a fluke that its not there and the other stops are?

This will be my first trip to the Mexican Riviera. I know weather can be a factor. 

When Princess cancels a port stop they send out an itinerary change. I looked up a random January 2024 cruise with a stop in P.V. There are a number of excursions offered. I see no evidence that ships will not stop there. You should contact your T.A. or whoever you booked with to see if there were any itinerary changes. If you are looking for general information you can find that by searching for what's in port. This is just one site:

https://www.whatsinport.com/Puerto-Vallarta.htm 

I'm taking a cruise in a little over a year and we have no excursions for Puerto Vallarta either. It's weird as all the other stops have them.

My theory is that they are negotiating a contract of some sort and the excursions will magically appear once everything is signed.

14 hours ago, MacMadame said:

I'm taking a cruise in a little over a year and we have no excursions for Puerto Vallarta either. It's weird as all the other stops have them.

My theory is that they are negotiating a contract of some sort and the excursions will magically appear once everything is signed.

Very likely!

The main sight of PV is free, just strolling the Malecon downtown, with sculptures and Indian pole dancers (not that kind), and shops/restaurants, as well as the town cathedral. Then there's, um, Walmart and a mall across from the port, which has Starbucks, Chilis, and a/c. You can go with others in a taxi, or be adventurous and take the city buses for 25 pesos or so. The Malecon will be more interesting than any place they take you to, like Gringo Gulch, just a shopping river area off the Malecon. Coolest prep for PV is watching "Night of the Iguana", filmed with Burton shacking up with Liz Taylor there, but really interesting to see how the town looked back then. For Mazatlan, any ship bus tour will be less interesting than the ebike tour you can get for $45 through shoreexcursionsgroup, since it goes to the same spots as the bus tours but the leader gets you up close to cliff divers and other sights.