Opinions on Cagneys vs LA Bistro on Escape?

breadandbutter

On 10/27/2023 at 3:42 PM, cruiseny4life said:

The filet at Le Bistro does have an upcharge as it comes with force fed goose or duck liver. You may be able to request no liver which some posters have stated will relieve you of the upcharge. 

The surcharge for foie gras on the fillet in Bistro is relatively new.  It wasn’t there on our previous NCL cruises (last was November 2022), since it was added to the “new” menu.  Good to know that if foie gras isn’t ordered, the surcharge is removed.  We’ve never had a bad fillet there.

Since food is subjective, why not look at the menus for each, to see which items appeal most to you.  I do like that you can choose a smaller size fillet at Cagney’s- less wasted food on my plate.

Re Cagney’s vs. Le Bistro, we used to have a “competition” between the two!  Sometimes Cagney would win, and sometimes Bistro.  In the last several years, though, it has been Bistro, hands down.  We think the quality and execution of meat in Cagney’s has deteriorated.

• 2 weeks later...

Allow me to relate our experiences on our recent Escape cruise.  Cagney's was okay noise-wise.  The food however, was not as good as it's been in the past.  My prime rib was very tough.  Not inedible, mind you, but tough.  Le Bistro was great!  I thought the food was excellent.  I also always have my favorite dessert: Ile Flotante, "Floating Island".  Ever since I saw Katherine Hepburn make it for Spencer Tracy in a movie I've been a big fan!