Club Orange upgrade shown on account?

tartanmom

Just upgraded our upcoming Dec. cruise with the Club Orange package.

I've got the email confirmation/receipt of payment  but it just say "Stateroom Upgrade". Looking at my booking online I can't see anywhere that actually states Club Orange. Does it show up eventually or am I calling HAL on Monday to sort it out? 

Pdf attachment that can be located online? Love HAL but I find the lack of detailed information in my account online frustrating. Can't see my OBC, no details on my HIA package although I can see the credit towards shore excursions. I wish there was a detailed list but perhaps I'm just clueless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tartanmom said:

Pdf attachment that can be located online? Love HAL but I find the lack of detailed information in my account online frustrating. Can't see my OBC, no details on my HIA package although I can see the credit towards shore excursions. I wish there was a detailed list but perhaps I'm just clueless.

A PDF is an Adobe file format. You should have a PDF attachment to your booking confirmation.

The Club Orange info is on page 2 or higher. Here is what it looks like. Screenshot_20231028-002132.png.d842829a772989c9d224324dd53cdaf4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tartanmom said:

I can’t locate any pdf attachment. I’ll reach out to my travel agent tomorrow. Thank you for trying to help. 

Each time there is a change to your reservation (payment, Club Orange added, etc) your TA should send an updated confirmation. This is the PDF that is being discussed. The information is NOT shown online.

• Thanks 1

When you make any change to your reservation like adding CO a new invoice from HAL is generated. This invoice is then sent to your TA and that person or company should then send you a copy. As @POA1 shows in his above post it will show up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Not all travel agents provide the Guest Copy from HAL unless you prompt them for it.

Sometimes they only provide their invoice, which should show the same information.

Agree, and not all agents (including the Big Box store we use) have shown any reference to Club Orange, in my experience. They simply changed the stateroom number and added the C.O. cost to the fare information on their usual TA confirmations. So we inquired and they said HAL had us shown as C.O. Passengers.

The Big Box agent never sends us the HAL PDF confirmations, nor do they give a breakdown of the OBCs such as AARP, Military, or CCL Shareholder. 

Edited by Caribbean Chris

19 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

When you make any change to your reservation like adding CO a new invoice from HAL is generated. This invoice is then sent to your TA and that person or company should then send you a copy. As @POA1 shows in his above post it will show up.

As I said earlier, the TA should send you a copy of the HAL pdf, but in my dealings with many PCCs and Travel Agents, most don't send you that pdf unless you specifically request it, some don't even know that it exists. In the case of many travel agents, the agency they work for doesn't forward the pdf to them.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

As I said earlier, the TA should send you a copy of the HAL pdf, but in my dealings with many PCCs and Travel Agents, most don't send you that pdf unless you specifically request it, some don't even know that it exists. In the case of many travel agents, the agency they work for doesn't forward the pdf to them.

If my TA did that to me, I would be looking for a new one. My TA is a franchisee of a much bigger national agency and has been my cruise provider for 15 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

If my TA did that to me, I would be looking for a new one. My TA is a franchisee of a much bigger national agency and has been my cruise provider for 15 years.

Your TA knows your preference and so provides you with the pdf, but they may not do the same for all their clients.

I have worked with many agents, both at HAL and independent, and never received a Guest Copy until I found out that they exist and asked for it. My current TA knows that I want one each time a change is made and provides it, but wouldn't have if I hadn't asked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Your TA knows your preference and so provides you with the pdf, but they may not do the same for all their clients.

I have worked with many agents, both at HAL and independent, and never received a Guest Copy until I found out that they exist and asked for it. My current TA knows that I want one each time a change is made and provides it, but wouldn't have if I hadn't asked.

Good point any good TA should know your preferences like a good MDR waiter on a cruise ship. Any email communications she gets for any of our cruises she immediately forwards to me.

Edited by terrydtx

HAL really needs to change how it captures the CO upgrade on its billing.  The cost is simply added to your cruise fare and not separated out, so it doesn't show up there.  I can't find it anywhere online when I log in and the only place it shows up is under the Special Services and Included Items Section on Page 2 of your invoice.  If you are like me and like to travel with confirmation numbers of all purchased items then you really need to make sure you have a copy of HAL's invoice and not simply your TA's.

23 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

HAL really needs to change how it captures the CO upgrade on its billing.  The cost is simply added to your cruise fare and not separated out, so it doesn't show up there.  I can't find it anywhere online when I log in and the only place it shows up is under the Special Services and Included Items Section on Page 2 of your invoice.  If you are like me and like to travel with confirmation numbers of all purchased items then you really need to make sure you have a copy of HAL's invoice and not simply your TA's.

When you do your check in and get your boarding pass the Club Orange Priority check in plainly shows on the boarding pass. My TA and any TA can forward to you the original HAL invoice.

21 minutes ago, tartanmom said:

THANK YOU to everyone for your help. I received the invoice from my travel agent today and it shows there. I thought I would be able to see a similar invoice online in my HAL account but apparently not. 

HAL is not known for their IT savviness and user friendliness. The Navigator app is a running joke that fails more often than works. Compared to other mainstream cruise lines the Navigator app and HAL website are a big joke in the industry.

• Like 2

I just looked at my booking and can see what you were talking about - only shows shore excursion credit and dining credit. Right below that is a prompt to purchase the Have It All package! Not only do we already have that but also crew appreciation. This website would scare me if I did not already have an invoice showing what was included. They need to work on that for sure! 

18 minutes ago, Sitka2024 said:

I just looked at my booking and can see what you were talking about - only shows shore excursion credit and dining credit. Right below that is a prompt to purchase the Have It All package! Not only do we already have that but also crew appreciation. This website would scare me if I did not already have an invoice showing what was included. They need to work on that for sure! 

Exactly. We have Club Orange, HIA, OBC offer when we booked, OBC for CCL shares, and crew gratuities included. None of that is identified on the booking online except that I was able to book the speciality dining included with HIA and it shows a shore excursion credit as part of the HIA package. I would just like to be able to sign into my HAL account and see an itemized list.