Churchill cigar lounge on Victoria

Tiny_Tim

Yes, the lounge is still open, and is a quiet place for cigar and pipe smokers. Usually there is perhaps 2 or 3 people there in the evenings. Some people go there for cigarette smoking but under UK law that isn't supposed to happen.  Cigars are allowed in the designated outdoor areas, decks 3 and 10 starboard. You know you are in the right place since they are the only places with official ashtrays provided. Smoking no longer allowed on balconies, thankfully.

Edited by Pushpit

5 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

Yes, the lounge is still open, and is a quiet place for cigar and pipe smokers. Usually there is perhaps 2 or 3 people there in the evenings. Some people go there for cigarette smoking but under UK law that isn't supposed to happen.  Cigars are allowed in the designated outdoor areas, decks 8 and 10 starboard. You know you are in the right place since they are the only places with official ashtrays provided. Smoking no longer allowed on balconies, thankfully.

Decks 3 and 10, starboard have smoking areas. Deck 8 is all accommodation and as you say, smoking is prohibited on baloneys.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, e&mcruise said:

Can I ask where on deck 3 & 10 are the smoking areas? Is it the same for QE as QV? Thanks.

It's the same for both ships and I would generalise and say sort of in the wide bit of the Promenade area deck three and as far as I can tell, around the Pavilion Pool 'viewing' area on deck ten although does extend a bit more than that.

17 minutes ago, e&mcruise said:

Can I ask where on deck 3 & 10 are the smoking areas? Is it the same for QE as QV? Thanks.

Formally it's the aft side of Mid Aft, and it's the same on QE but people wander off a bit.

QM2 is a bit different,  Same location on deck 7, and the aft facing deck 8 on the port side, quite a small area by the Terrace pool.

Edited by Pushpit