April 18th Mariner

Our experience on RSS Voyager over the New Year was that guests are of all ages, although very few children. I would expect the Mariner to/from Tahiti (which we are also on) will be somewhat older since it is not a vacation season.

As for attire, you will find that most RSSC guests dress decidely upscale. There are always the clowns that try to enter Compass Rose with shorts and a tank top but this is usually due to excess alcohol.

Day wear on the ship for gentlemen is generally slacks and a golf/polo shirt, often with jacket, sometimes with dress shirt and tie. Occasional shorts.

After six, the dress code applies. See ths RSSC Web site.

Ladies: slacks, sun dresses, pant suits.

After six: pant suits, dresses.

Ashore: mostly shorts for both genders.

MountainSailors

Were you on the Voyager over New Years? 12/27/05 to 01/10/06?

We were!!

We have always found the dress code on RSSC about the same as any other cruise line.

T-shirts, shorts, swim wear during the day, and Country Club casual (CC), golf/sport shirts and slacks for men during the evenings unless it is a formal night where some were tuxes but most wear dark suits.

Semi formal nights are the ones most people have problem with. Normally they are no different than (CC) except most guys wear a sports coat.

At least that is what we have found on our RSSC cruises.

03/22/80 Commodore MS Caribe

02/15/03 Regents Paul Gauguin

02/22/04 Norwegian Dream (ick)

11/12/04 Regents Seven Seas Mariner

02/15/05 Regents Seven Seas Diamond

12/27/05 Regents Seven Seas Voyager ( Panama Canal)

01/09/07 Regents Seven Seas Mariner (Segment #1 Amazon South America)

Hi folks, we're on this voyage as well. I think RSSC refers to it as South Seas Passage, at least I think that was the title on my documents which just came a few days ago :D {document dance!!}. We're two single early 40s from San Francisco. I have a feeling that we're probably on the younger end of the spectrum for this cruise. I see that as a definite plus.

As far as attire goes, it's our first time on RSSC but my understanding is that daytime is very casual. Evenings are a collared shirt and pants for country club casual, add a jacket (tie optional) for informal. Formal is personal preference, tux or dark suit, we've opted for suits. There are only 4 formal nights the entire month, ( I know, I know it's 26 nights, not a full 28 nights but let me live the lie) :) .

It appears that quite a few Cruise Critic"ers" will be on this cruise. Maybe we can setup a function of some type onboard. I'm so excited about this trip I'm about to pop. See you all on the 18th!!

Manuia! (Tahitian for "Cheers") and Aloha!!

Archived