Are doors magnetic on Radiance?

rnr4thatsme

I haven't been on the Radiance, but let me give you my experience on the Breeze earlier this month.

We brought some Magnetic backed decorations (bought on Amazon) but they weren't strong enough to stick to the doors. They would stick to the walls both inside and outside the cabin, but not the actual door. I assume that the door design that makes the exterior look like slatted wood impedes the magnets a bit (unless they are strong magnets).

During our cruise as I passed by any cabin door that was decorated, I looked to see what was used to hold the decorations. I saw a lot of glue dots and tape. I also saw a few that had actual magnets holding the decorations on and they did stick but they were bigger magnets about 1/2" thick, not just  thin magnetic backing like on the decorations I bought.

So anyway, based on my experience, depending on the what you are bringing to decorate with, I'd be sure to bring some non residue tape or glue dots as well just to be safe.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cmptrwiz said:

None of the cabin doors are magnetic.  They are steel so magnetic things will stick to them.  Imagine walking by a magnetic door and your watch and keys would stick to the magnetic door and you couldn’t move!

Thank You! I agree 💯

I was on the Radiance in Sept. of this year.  I brought along a magnetic hook so I could hang a decoration on the outside of our door.  Work perfectly the whole trip.  The best thing is my husband ALWAYS could find our cabin!  He never remembers the cabin number so this helped him.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cmptrwiz said:

None of the cabin doors are magnetic.  They are steel so magnetic things will stick to them.  Imagine walking by a magnetic door and your watch and keys would stick to the magnetic door and you couldn’t move!

Or possibly more problematic, if your decorations and your door had reversed polarity, your decorations would go flying across the hall. 😂😂

• Haha 1

We have sailed  arnival Radiance 7 times and hall doors are magnetic, as well as bathroom door and ceiling. I bought heavy magnetic hooks to use on walls, and they slid down. Prior to magnets last cruise, I have also brought blue painter tape to hang our door decor- easy to remove. 
p.s don’t use any magnets you are afraid of losing.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 5:21 PM, mamiamjo said:

I haven't been on the Radiance, but let me give you my experience on the Breeze earlier this month.

We brought some Magnetic backed decorations (bought on Amazon) but they weren't strong enough to stick to the doors. They would stick to the walls both inside and outside the cabin, but not the actual door. I assume that the door design that makes the exterior look like slatted wood impedes the magnets a bit (unless they are strong magnets).

During our cruise as I passed by any cabin door that was decorated, I looked to see what was used to hold the decorations. I saw a lot of glue dots and tape. I also saw a few that had actual magnets holding the decorations on and they did stick but they were bigger magnets about 1/2" thick, not just  thin magnetic backing like on the decorations I bought.

So anyway, based on my experience, depending on the what you are bringing to decorate with, I'd be sure to bring some non residue tape or glue dots as well just to be safe.

Depends not just on the ship but location as well.

Sept on Venezia our door was able to hold magnets inside and out, so putting up door decorations w/magnets was no issue. Others on the ship w/cabins in different locations reported their doors did not hold magnets. 

Were were in 7494;

20231110_091021.thumb.jpg.6a83e4899b6ff82a89bfa0ea5bde8d81.jpg7484 also held magnets on the door 20231110_091204.thumb.jpg.5ced2477633e8a2a856913af8dc2f745.jpgas did another near us. 20231110_090929.thumb.jpg.ed0b085cde1db5c3e0bd53674605f161.jpgSo deck 7 aft doors for sure holds magnets on Venezia

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 3