Spirit of Adventure: riding out the storm ?

FannyLiz

Not only is it good PR, it should also maintain confidence in Saga as a company who generally want to do the right thing.

They may not always get it right (nobody does) but it shows that they understand that it was not something to be dismissed as a trivial matter.

And yes, hopefully they have also given something extra to the crew, who are Saga's best assets.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

One likes to think it was checked before leaving Portsmouth... although this could be a 2nd check to be extra sure.

I must admit, I was thinking there’d be a delay before leaving Portsmouth.

someone on the ship has now advised that they are staying in Lisbon until tomorrow (Sunday) morning 

Just now, JMMKUK said:

Ask them to offer everyone the vintage tram & port tasting excursion as a freebie. It was very good when we went on it in April.

I think negotiations are on hand to let us disembark. There are 2 Fred Olsen ships behind us (Balmoral and ? ) so they would not have to bring in port officials specially. I suspect the officers posssibly feel they have enough to deal with without having to book coaches and venues.The knock on effect of unexpectedly putting the clocks forward at 9.10 am this morning affected lunch plans ,opening times and activities but otherwise it is dry, sunny and warm and we have dozens of sailing boats on our port side and busy Lisbon to starboard. Who needs the Caribbean….?!  We leave tomorrow morning.

Edited by FannyLiz
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, JMMKUK said:

Ask them to offer everyone the vintage tram & port tasting excursion as a freebie. It was very good when we went on it in April.

Glad to hear that this is a good excursion as we have booked it for when we are in Lisbon on our next cruise 😋

Just now, nosapphire said:

According to the Lisbon Port website, the expected time of departure for SoD is 18:00 on 13th November (Monday).

Interesting. An hour ago the Captain said we would leave tomorrow evening ( Sunday). Various complimentary tours have been arranged for tomorrow as well as shore leave. Presumably Lisbon port are looking at a worse case scenario.

22 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Another report has gone on today, Harry. I can’t see it as it’s behind a paywall, but the headline mentions the word ‘somersaulting’ ! 

Thanks - got it. 

“After a hundred Saga passengers were injured last week in the Bay of Biscay, Peter Wellington, a retired head teacher from Basingstoke, reveals how his dream holiday became a nightmare“

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-storm-hit-the-cruise-liner-and-sent-me-somersaulting-through-the-air-wkwlt785l

On 11/12/2023 at 6:09 PM, Whiteduck1 said:

According to Marine Radar App.. Barbados 20th at 11am.... 

I saw that, if that is correct then it looks like a completely revised itinerary as they were originally due to arrive in Barbados on the 25th, the eighth Caribbean port of call.