FL Tolls

1st4our25th

10 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Unless there are some toll roads I'm not familiar with in NC, there are no toll roads on that route you've posted. I-95 is completely toll free as is SR 528 from I-95 to the port. (SR 528 from I-95 towards Orlando does have tolls but you're not going that way.)

Thank you. I was confused because it says tolls, but couldn't find one on that route when I put it in a toll calculator. 

Edited by 1st4our25th
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 9:02 PM, 1st4our25th said:

Thank you. I was confused because it says tolls, but couldn't find one on that route when I put it in a toll calculator. 

By the way, even though you don't need a toll transponder for this trip, doesn't mean you shouldn't have one for other trips. Stop at any Publix, CVS or Walgreens while you're in Florida and for $14.95 you can buy a SunPass Pro. Not only is it valid throughout Florida but also in the northeast and midwest in E-ZPass lanes. See details & map at:  https://www.sunpass.com/en/about/pro.shtml.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There might be tolls around the east side of Jacksonville (I-295).  I believe there is some parallel toll lanes that might eliminate traffic.  During non-rush hours usually not worth it.  I usually use I-295, just don't like the even more congestion of I-95 through Jacksonville. 

RedRover

The Sunpass Mini was readily available in those stores, but I wasn't able to find a Pro, it's much bulkier and takes up too much shelf space. I eventually found them to be available in vending machines at the first rest stop entering FL (Florida Welcome Center). This was on I-75, I don't have current knowledge for I-95.

• Like 1