Received this regarding booking excursions from Sailor Services today

tbmrt

I am so confused....I got (#1 below) today from Sailor Services, but was under the understanding that it was as I wrote in #2 red ink below.  Which is it?  

Thanks for giving us a wave!

1. While a sailor can book bookable experiences for her party in another cabin, the charges for the events will be deducted per cabin and not from the Sailor Loot of the one who booked them. 

2.  I read elsewhwere: If you book when onboard for all the friends in your linked cabins,  your loot will be charged.

If you have any questions or need additional assistance, feel free to reply to this email or drop us a line at 954-488-2955 (US), +44 (20) 30034919 (UK), or +61 (1800) 491708 (AUS) and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers, 

Sailor Services Crew

Our experience--if you book in advance, your CREDIT CARD is charged as Loot is another word for "onboard credit" and you can't spend it until you are on board.  But if you book for other cabins in advance, it is all billed to the credit card of the person making the booking.  

If we book on board for ourselves and another cabin, our loot is charged for all 4 reservations.

If you want each person to use their own loot for their own reservation, they can stand at the big red desk and book at the same time you do. In advance, they can book and charge to their credit card or have you do it and pay you back.

The above reflects our experience only.  Our experience is that shoreside sailor services is often wrong.

2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Our experience--if you book in advance, your CREDIT CARD is charged as Loot is another word for "onboard credit" and you can't spend it until you are on board.  But if you book for other cabins in advance, it is all billed to the credit card of the person making the booking.  

If we book on board for ourselves and another cabin, our loot is charged for all 4 reservations.

If you want each person to use their own loot for their own reservation, they can stand at the big red desk and book at the same time you do. In advance, they can book and charge to their credit card or have you do it and pay you back.

The above reflects our experience only.  Our experience is that shoreside sailor services is often wrong.

Thanks...So confusing when Sailor Services is incorrect!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Thanks...So confusing when Sailor Services is incorrect!

Again, all I can do is share my own experience....and things on VV do seem to change as well as sometimes depend on who you talk to.

For instance, we have had DBE for all of our cruises.  On the previous cruise, we got premium internet as a DBE benefit on 2 devices and were able to keep the other 2 on "standard" internet which is free to everyone.  On this cruise, we did not get the option of standard, but have been assured that since we both have DBE, we EACH get 2 devices on Premium.  I'm not complaining, but I can also live with my phone on standard.

I've had way too many issues where shoreside sailor services was wrong.  Fortunately, both the app and sailor services on the ship are much better than shoreside.

1 minute ago, cantgetin said:

Again, all I can do is share my own experience....and things on VV do seem to change as well as sometimes depend on who you talk to.

For instance, we have had DBE for all of our cruises.  On the previous cruise, we got premium internet as a DBE benefit on 2 devices and were able to keep the other 2 on "standard" internet which is free to everyone.  On this cruise, we did not get the option of standard, but have been assured that since we both have DBE, we EACH get 2 devices on Premium.  I'm not complaining, but I can also live with my phone on standard.

I've had way too many issues where shoreside sailor services was wrong.  Fortunately, both the app and sailor services on the ship are much better than shoreside.

I have to say on our June cruise I was absolutely amazed at how great Sailor Services was when I called from our cabin for anything!

• Like 1