Regal Princess Aft Premium Deluxe Balcony for 2?

CruiserMickey

Does anyone know how it is possible to book a premium deluxe aft balcony cabin on the Regal for 2 passengers? Our TA booked us into a guarantee and no cabins show on Princess.com for 2, but almost ALL of the cabins are available if you search using 3 passengers. 

What gives? If we make final payment early can we lock in the specific cabins we want?

Any help you can give would appreciated.

Edited by CruiserMickey
  • Like 2

• CruiserMickey changed the title to Regal Princess Aft Premium Deluxe Balcony for 2?
1 hour ago, CruiserMickey said:

Does anyone know how it is possible to book a premium deluxe aft balcony cabin on the Regal for 2 passengers? Our TA booked us into a guarantee and no cabins show on Princess.com for 2, but almost ALL of the cabins are available if you search using 3 passengers. 

What gives? If we make final payment early can we lock in the specific cabins we want?

Any help you can give would appreciated.

This booking behavior on Princess.com has been reported many times since earlier this year.  Your TA or a Princess CVP can make a booking for two in a Deluxe Balcony or Mini-Suite.

IMO, this is a ridiculous play by Princess and I actually thought it was an IT bug when it first began, but it seems to be deliberate at this point and I scratch my head over the inanity of it.  I wish someone would post a reason PCL has done this, but not sure if anyone has asked their CVP about it.

ETA:  If you want to self-book, you need to add a fake 3rd person (like a family member) and then remove them later on (at least prior to FP Date).

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This booking behavior on Princess.com has been reported many times since earlier this year.  Your TA or a Princess CVP can make a booking for two in a Deluxe Balcony or Mini-Suite.

IMO, this is a ridiculous play by Princess and I actually thought it was an IT bug when it first began, but it seems to be deliberate at this point and I scratch my head over the inanity of it.  I wish someone would post a reason PCL has done this, but not sure if anyone has asked their CVP about it.

ETA:  If you want to self-book, you need to add a fake 3rd person (like a family member) and then remove them later on (at least prior to FP Date).

At this point I wish I had self-booked this cruise. Our travel companions wanted to book through a TA (so we did), but he has done nothing but complain about calling Princess regarding our booking. I asked him to call today and he said he was NOT able to book a specific cabin for the premium deluxe balcony category.

We were not given a choice to book this category and choose our own cabin, so we are left with a crapshoot that we will have the cabins we want, even though we booked months in advance…and the cabins are available.

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Update: I asked the TA if we made final payment early, could we request that Princess make our cabin assignment in the category which we booked. He refused to call and ask. 

I have now called Princess to see if there is anything we can do. It is ridiculous that only large parties can book aft balcony cabins!

If Princess will accommodate us, I will be cancelling our bookings with the TA and rebooking with Princess.

Update #2…my call to Princess was well worth it! We were able to be booked into the exact cabin we wanted and our friends just need to call to change their bookings appropriately. Three aft balconies side by side will be amazing! Sometimes it pays be be persistent…and no one needs to have to deal with a cranky TA who won’t do his job. So sorry/not sorry to cancel with him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserMickey said:

Update #2…my call to Princess was well worth it! We were able to be booked into the exact cabin we wanted and our friends just need to call to change their bookings appropriately. Three aft balconies side by side will be amazing! Sometimes it pays be be persistent…and no one needs to have to deal with a cranky TA who won’t do his job. So sorry/not sorry to cancel with him.

I was going to suggest you fire his ass and cancel the booking and re-book with someone else.  Wish I could give you mine.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I was going to suggest you fire his ass and cancel the booking and re-book with someone else.  Wish I could give you mine.

It’s all good now…booked direct with Martin at Princess Elite group bookings, got the cabins we wanted, saved $86 on each cabin got an extra $50 per cabin OBC. Bye-bye cranky TA!

• Like 1