Detailed cruises timetables?

matdark

Hi everybody,

Do you know of a detailed cruises timetable available anywhere? I've booked the short "back from refit" QM2 cruise on November 16, and can't find the arrival time. It's supposed to return to Southampton from Bruges overnight (whereas the same distance outbound is a full sea day plus two nights). She's technically capable of getting back early in the morning, but I doubt very much that they'll burn that much fuel (although I'd love to see her go at full speed!). And this is important if you want to find a suitable flight home 😕

The Southampton port website is never updated until the last moment,  it just says TBA, which is annoying. Nonetheless, it doesn’t take very long to get back from Zeebrugge, unless the weather is awful. I bet you’ll be safely alongside by 7 am, as we were in one of the slower Vistas. Her next trip is a long one, so they’ll want plenty of time to replenish for that.

The specific arrival and departure times are listed on various travel agent/cruise booking websites. Those include Cunard's own partner websites for Spain, Austria and Switzerland. And if you are adventurous enough to dig into the page source code in your browser on the Cunard website itself, it's even possible to find the arrival and departure times listed there as well. Here is what I am seeing for your November 13-16, 2023 QM2 itinerary, crossed-checked using three different sources. It's showing a typical 6:30 AM early morning scheduled arrival time back at Southampton on November 19 which ought to bring you alongside by 7:00AM as @exlondoner has indicated if there are no delays.

Nov 16: Southampton - Depart 5:00 PM

Nov 18: Zeebrugge - Arrive 8:00 AM, Depart 5:00 PM

Nov 19: Southampton - Arrive 6:30 AM

Edit to add: QM2 occasionally does 2-night itineraries from Southampton to Zeebrugge and back. I've been on one of those with a scheduled arrival time of 6:30 AM back at Southampton.

Edited by bluemarble

5 hours ago, matdark said:

Thank you very much! The sea-day-at-3-knots will be fun 🙂

I remember in March last year going back to Southampton from Le Harve and we were zig-zagging to (I assume) not arrive too early.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1