Viking Star question

Tiny_Tim

17 minutes ago, Tiny_Tim said:

I see there is a smoking area on Deck 8, starboard side. Can  you tell me what the area is like? Do you have any pictures? I want a place to enjoy a cigar in the evenings.

Below is a picture I took of what are friends refer to (on every cruiseline) as the sinner's corner😂. As I recall, it is roofed and you can see a wind block on the bow side but is open to the deck on the starboard side.  

IMG_6209.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow... this was a smokers cruise!  I am on that deck frequently and never seen more than one, perhaps two people there at any time.

Yeah - it is a nice little area as long as you are not on a cold weather cruise.

...and gonna say that it is in the same location on all Viking Ocean ships...

Edited by CDNPolar

1 minute ago, CDNPolar said:

Wow... this was a smokers cruise!  I am on that deck frequently and never seen more than one, perhaps two people there at any time.

Yeah - it is a nice little area as long as you are not on a cold weather cruise.

...and gonna say that it is in the same location on all Viking Ocean ships...

We'll be on the ship the first half of May so it should be ok. I assume you can see the water as you sit there. Are there any loungers where  you could lay in the sun if you wanted?

17 minutes ago, Tiny_Tim said:

We'll be on the ship the first half of May so it should be ok. I assume you can see the water as you sit there. Are there any loungers where  you could lay in the sun if you wanted?

There are loungers there. I’m not certain they are exactly in the smokers’ area, but close enough that you could certainly move one there. And yes, you will be able to see the water from there. Enjoy!

• Like 1