Where is the best place to see the sunset/sunrise?

Jayhoaps

I like being on the fantail for sunset shots. You can include the ship’s wake in the shot. 
On the Ruby the “secret deck” above the bridge is a great spot for any photography since it’s easy to move port and starboard and you have an unobstructed view forward. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MrSchwump said:

I like being on the fantail for sunset shots. You can include the ship’s wake in the shot. 
On the Ruby the “secret deck” above the bridge is a great spot for any photography since it’s easy to move port and starboard and you have an unobstructed view forward. 

I will be on the Ruby on Monday, where is the secret deck? 

21 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

I will be on the Ruby on Monday, where is the secret deck? 

To get to the “secret” deck go all the way forward on the Lido deck, past all the staterooms. At the end of the hall there’s a door that’s not a stateroom door. 
Inside is a short hallway that leads to another door that opens onto a set of stairs. Go up the stairs to the open deck. This is atop the bridge. You get a great view, forward, port and starboard up there. 

5 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

To get to the “secret” deck go all the way forward on the Lido deck, past all the staterooms. At the end of the hall there’s a door that’s not a stateroom door. 
Inside is a short hallway that leads to another door that opens onto a set of stairs. Go up the stairs to the open deck. This is atop the bridge. You get a great view, forward, port and starboard up there. 

If I remember correctly, you can only access it while in port, it's locked when at sea.

1 hour ago, WisCruiser2 said:
6 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

If I remember correctly, you can only access it while in port, it's locked when at sea.

Not completely true.  I’ve been on it sailing the glaciers in AK, the fjords in NZ and sailing under the Golden gate in SF.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Not completely true.  I’ve been on it sailing the glaciers in AK, the fjords in NZ and sailing under the Golden gate in SF.

Oh, maybe they allow access when at slow speeds then, too. The one time we were on it was in a port and we were told by the crew that it's locked when at sea.

Edited by WisCruiser2

There is nothing better than sitting on an aft balcony with a cool beverage and a beautiful view! These are from various nights on our Panama Canal and ABC Islands cruise last February. We picked this NCL itinerary for the full Canal transit and the nights sailing eastbound out to the ABC Islands because we hoped for some fabulous sunsets! We were not disappointed! 

image.thumb.jpeg.93587f652201838c53c864b1411be50f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8adebe3f4d37d237a1c7e24ef774f8f7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.394fcae7868fcea096d95b1302e5a443.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.37113e8eca94b970f3d992509d189f02.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e9254d1b68175535b5a52d2ff1b67eb0.jpeg

• Like 2