Circular Quay to Airport, BestTransport?

LindaD22

1 hour ago, caseum said:

Thank for your information.  Our ship will return to Overseas Passengers Terminal on a Sunday at 630am, and our flight is around 1130am.  Assuming we can get off the ship at around 7am.  At that time of a Sunday, the traffic in Sydney should be light and it will be cheaper?  Also, someone in another thread suggested to ask the driver to avoid toll roads.  Wonder how much time, if any, it will add to the trip when we can avoid the toll roads.

Casseum, if you miss your flight, how much will it cost you?

Given the ridiculously short amount of time you have to get off the ship (assuming it is on time) get yourself to the airport, check in your bags, go through security and navigate immigration if it is an international flight, I would not be worrying about saving a few dollars and choose the quickest way of getting there.

Good luck

• Like 2

8 hours ago, caseum said:

Thank you for your information!  How about the walk from the train to the departure check-in counters?  Is it also a flat, short walk?  Thanks.

It's flat but the walk to the United airlines check in counters was a bit long and we did need to take a couple of elevators.  Still you it was inside and it was easy enough.

One more question: Did you pay by credit card?  And if yes, was there a credit card surcharge?  Thank you.

Yes, we paid by credit card.  You tap your card as you enter and then as you exit and the charge is automatic.  Each person needed to have their own credit card.  I'm fairly certain you can buy tickets too but we didn't look into that.  Our credit card company did not impose a surcharge.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, yarramar said:

Casseum, if you miss your flight, how much will it cost you?

Given the ridiculously short amount of time you have to get off the ship (assuming it is on time) get yourself to the airport, check in your bags, go through security and navigate immigration if it is an international flight, I would not be worrying about saving a few dollars and choose the quickest way of getting there.

Good luck

Hello @yarramar.  Some local guidance will be appreciated.  We'll be disembarking Carnival Splendor after she docks at 6:30a following our September cruise and immediately flying over to Melbourne for 3 nights prior to venturing onward from there. Our Jetstar flight from Sydney is scheduled at 12:35p. Obviously there's several more later that day if something unusual happens. And I'm guessing we'll be flying out of domestic Terminal 2.

Now here in the US, if you were sailing out of Miami and taking a routine domestic flight, I'd tell you 'no problem whatsoever'. In fact yesterday, we needed to kill a couple hours waiting for our 1:30p flight out. Your thoughts on our timeline for Sydney?

16 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

It's flat but the walk to the United airlines check in counters was a bit long and we did need to take a couple of elevators.  Still you it was inside and it was easy enough.

Yes, we paid by credit card.  You tap your card as you enter and then as you exit and the charge is automatic.  Each person needed to have their own credit card.  I'm fairly certain you can buy tickets too but we didn't look into that.  Our credit card company did not impose a surcharge.

Thank you for your information, azbirdmom!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jsglow said:

Hello @yarramar.  Some local guidance will be appreciated.  We'll be disembarking Carnival Splendor after she docks at 6:30a following our September cruise and immediately flying over to Melbourne for 3 nights prior to venturing onward from there. Our Jetstar flight from Sydney is scheduled at 12:35p. Obviously there's several more later that day if something unusual happens. And I'm guessing we'll be flying out of domestic Terminal 2.

Now here in the US, if you were sailing out of Miami and taking a routine domestic flight, I'd tell you 'no problem whatsoever'. In fact yesterday, we needed to kill a couple hours waiting for our 1:30p flight out. Your thoughts on our timeline for Sydney?

Hi jsglow,

I would also say "no problem" for your 12.35pm flight as it is domestic and 90 minutes is usually enough time to reach the airport before flying out. Plus as you said, there are more flights that day (across the various carriers there are 37 flights per day)

• Like 1

Thank you for your information, azbirdmom!

You're welcome!  By the way I forgot to mention that our United flight in December was at 11:20 AM which made me a little nervous.  Originally it was afternoon but over time it changed.  We were off the ship before 7 and immediately went to the train.  Got to the airport around 7:30 and found out that the United ticket counters didn't even open up until 8:20, three hours before the first flight out.  So we had plenty of time but then we docked on time and everything else rain perfectly.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2024 at 7:05 AM, azbirdmom said:

You're welcome!  By the way I forgot to mention that our United flight in December was at 11:20 AM which made me a little nervous.  Originally it was afternoon but over time it changed.  We were off the ship before 7 and immediately went to the train.  Got to the airport around 7:30 and found out that the United ticket counters didn't even open up until 8:20, three hours before the first flight out.  So we had plenty of time but then we docked on time and everything else rain perfectly.

Good that it went perfectly for you!  And thank you for your information!

• Like 1