Dining questions- specifically for Sky

nautica34

I'll be going on sky for 1st time and have a few questions please. 

Is there a place to get water, coffee, ice etc. at night after the buffet closes? Also, small snack like fruit? From what I've read, the Local is open but it's a sit down bar. Looking for something quick that I  can take back to my cabin. 

Assume the mdr is open for lunch on sea days. Does the lunch menu change or is it same all days?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you have many options. You can go to the Great Outdoors pretty late and get water. Keep in mind that the Great Outdoors is where they cook the food for The Local. You can also go up to the bar in the local if you want water. Not really sure about fruit. Maybe room service.

• Like 1

I haven't been on Sky, but I suspect much is the same fleetwide. I keep a small stash of fruit (2-3 pieces) in my room. Just in case... I also keep a water bottle (refilled in the buffet) in the fridge. Also just in case... 

• Like 3

As @Asawi stated, it would be best if you get your fruit/snack at the buffet during the day to keep in your room (as desired).

Also, you can ask your stateroom steward for a an ice bucket, and/or coffee set-up (which might be available).  Note: a pleasant request and a tip do tend to help!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

As @Asawi stated, it would be best if you get your fruit/snack at the buffet during the day to keep in your room (as desired).

Also, you can ask your stateroom steward for a an ice bucket, and/or coffee set-up (which might be available).  Note: a pleasant request and a tip do tend to help!

I was planning on asking for ice bucket but my understanding is the stewards service the cabins just in the morning. The ice will be melted throughout the day.

13 minutes ago, nautica34 said:

I was planning on asking for ice bucket but my understanding is the stewards service the cabins just in the morning. The ice will be melted throughout the day.

While it's true they only service cabins once a day, they can't do them all in the morning - so are working all day. No reason you couldn't request ice later in the day. They work an 9-5 day, more or less

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On a recent Epic cruise, I just called when I wanted ice in the late afternoon/evening.  If you place your ice bucket in the refrigerator, at least half the ice will still be there into the evening.  But with all my little snackies stashed in the refrigerator, I never had room for the ice bucket.  

34 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

On a recent Epic cruise, I just called when I wanted ice in the late afternoon/evening.  If you place your ice bucket in the refrigerator, at least half the ice will still be there into the evening.  But with all my little snackies stashed in the refrigerator, I never had room for the ice bucket.  

Thought about putting in the fridge but won't be room if the mini bar is in it. Also, given sky is old, not hopeful it'll be cold like newer ships. Thanks anyway 

1 hour ago, nautica34 said:

Thought about putting in the fridge but won't be room if the mini bar is in it. Also, given sky is old, not hopeful it'll be cold like newer ships. Thanks anyway 

They don't have mini bar setups in the fridges anymore. Even when they did, I always had them remove it so I could put my snacks in it.