Legend 14-day to Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin, St. Kitts live Nov. 5

IntrepidFromDC

Grand Turk today.  I made my way through the shopping gauntlet to the Carnival fun area with the pool, music, etc. Its still the same and I grew to prefer the chill vibe, reggae,  etc. at Jack's Shack over the years so I had one drink and headed to Jack's. The beach right by the pier still has the toe-buster rocks.

20231116_115058.jpg

20231116_114430.jpg

20231116_114857.jpg

20231116_115255.jpg

• Like 4

They have flipped the bar from near the food-ordering stand to the opposite side. More bar space,  less sit-down table service.  The sweet smell of sense is no longer in the air and the crowd is alot less chill.  Reggae has been replaced with up-tempo caribbean house music.  Volleyball court flipped to the other side and you can no longer play competitive volleyball because the chairs and tables go right up to the court line. Overall,  Jack's vision is gone, just like Topher and Jack. I still prefer it to the pool area.

20231116_120939.jpg

20231116_115946.jpg

20231116_120146.jpg

• Like 3

The other change I noticed is more marketing for the "local shops" between the pier and Jack's Shack.  There are still a number of unused beachside buildings in the locals shopping area and more of them have moved to the shore. I hope someone opens something along that stretch that is more like Jack's Shack used to be. Going there now for the first time,  you wouldn't know what you're missing. You wouldn't even know Topher even existed. 😶

• Like 4

19 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

The other change I noticed is more marketing for the "local shops" between the pier and Jack's Shack.  There are still a number of unused beachside buildings in the locals shopping area and more of them have moved to the shore. I hope someone opens something along that stretch that is more like Jack's Shack used to be. Going there now for the first time,  you wouldn't know what you're missing. You wouldn't even know Topher even existed. 😶

Do you know if "buckets" of beer are available at Jack's?  We plan to go there Monday but I am hesitant due to the change in owners - we loved the old Jack's Shack.  

2 hours ago, slimbyspring said:

Do you know if "buckets" of beer are available at Jack's?  We plan to go there Monday but I am hesitant due to the change in owners - we loved the old Jack's Shack.  

I did see a guy carrying a metal bucket with beers from bar to lounge chairs on the beach. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

30-mph winds and 10-ft swells with some whitecaps... didn't sleep very well with all the creaking and hangers clacking.

I feel your pain.  I always wrap a towel around or through the hangers to stop them from banging into each other and the sides of the closet. And I have gone as far as stuffing toilet paper or squares of paper into any "creaks" I find in my cabin or balcony including the balcony dividers.  Can't sleep with that kind of noise.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pe4all said:

I feel your pain.  I always wrap a towel around or through the hangers to stop them from banging into each other and the sides of the closet. And I have gone as far as stuffing toilet paper or squares of paper into any "creaks" I find in my cabin or balcony including the balcony dividers.  Can't sleep with that kind of noise.  

Thanks for the towel idea. Rough seas continue,  I'll try it tonight. 

Enjoying your review.  We will be on the legend again in a few weeks.  Last minute booking.  We agree about Jacks shack is definitely not the same vibe, but better than M-ville in our opinion.  Enjoy your last day.  Hey, can you find out if the house band will still be onboard next month?  Thanks