Boracay Hop on hop off bus info

Malemew

Hi

not sure if anyone will find useful. 
we sailed on NCL Jewel. The tenders took us straight to Boracay.

there was a ‘hoho’ bus on arrival, unlimited travel for the day for 200peso. 
we found white beach was quieter with more access to food/drinks/shopping where as Puka was nice but felt busier with less ‘services’ but there was great snorkelling 

the bus did get busy so maybe allow extra time when coming back to ship

IMG_0520.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Malemew said:

Hi

we found white beach was quieter with more access to food/drinks/shopping where as Puka was nice but felt busier with less ‘services’ but there was great snorkelling 

IMG_0520.jpeg

Thanks we will be there tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 2:57 PM, Malemew said:

Hi

IMG_0520.jpeg

Think we'll use this option, ncl wants 41 pounds! To white beach.

2 hours ago, penlanspice said:

Think we'll use this option, ncl wants 41 pounds! To white beach.

if you just want white beach, it might be even cheaper to pick up a taxi when you get there as it’s not really that far 😉

the ‘hoho’ bus is just like a little mini bus and the trip to puka felt like it took quite a while 

4 minutes ago, Malemew said:

if you just want white beach, it might be even cheaper to pick up a taxi when you get there as it’s not really that far 😉

the ‘hoho’ bus is just like a little mini bus and the trip to puka felt like it took quite a while 

How good was the snorkeling at puka beach? Was it worth the trip

56 minutes ago, penlanspice said:

How good was the snorkeling at puka beach? Was it worth the trip

actually yes it was worth it.

there is what appears to be an old sunken pipeline which was over towards where the rocks start to stick out to the right of the beach. 

we saw various tangs, triggers, angels, if you look carefully in the gaps between the pipes - anemones and clowns, parrot wrasse I also saw dragon wrasse. Lots to see! There were also some sea snakes but i just kept my distance when I saw them. 

1 hour ago, Malemew said:

actually yes it was worth it.

there is what appears to be an old sunken pipeline which was over towards where the rocks start to stick out to the right of the beach. 

we saw various tangs, triggers, angels, if you look carefully in the gaps between the pipes - anemones and clowns, parrot wrasse I also saw dragon wrasse. Lots to see! There were also some sea snakes but i just kept my distance when I saw them. 

Sounds pretty good, think we'll check it out. 👍 

Thanks for sharing the snorkeling tips for Puka Beach. That sunken pipeline sounds like a cool spot to check out!

A couple questions - did you rent your gear on Boracay or bring it with you? And any suggestions for the best place/price to rent if needed? Always good to have a backup plan just in case.

Also, any other Boracay activities you'd recommend besides the beach and snorkeling? Looks like a fun place to spend a day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 6:26 AM, shecritic said:

Thanks for sharing the snorkeling tips for Puka Beach. That sunken pipeline sounds like a cool spot to check out!

A couple questions - did you rent your gear on Boracay or bring it with you? And any suggestions for the best place/price to rent if needed? Always good to have a backup plan just in case.

Also, any other Boracay activities you'd recommend besides the beach and snorkeling? Looks like a fun place to spend a day.

hey - we took our own mask and snorkel - I didn’t see anywhere to rent any, it appeared to be mainly snack shacks and paddle boat rental (but I didn’t explore the whole of puka)

if you forget any thing, white beach would probably be worth heading too first as that was where all that kind of stuff could be brought. I brought a small waterproof bag from there for £2 and a waterproof phone cover for £1. Very cheap.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...