FAS+ .. two different prices (two different groups)

macewank

Trying to figure out what's up with this and hoping someone in here might have an idea..  I'm booked on a 7 day sailing and just upgraded to FAS+ for $294 but my friends on the same cruise are being prompted for $343

$343 is what it should cost for a 7 day sailing as far as I can tell, so I'm trying to figure out why I got it for $294 which would be the rate for a 6 day sailing..  

Thoughts?  Is it because I'm Silver latitudes or something?

47 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Hardly - considering all that you get is 1/2 of what two passengers would.

16% off instead of 50%

crappy deal!

Price is pp/pd and usually as a solo we pay double for things. Not a great deal but at least we aren’t charged more.

5 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

Price is pp/pd and usually as a solo we pay double for things. Not a great deal but at least we aren’t charged more.

They make it back on the cabin charge.  That is understandable.

I don't think it's fair to charge anything extra for food, drinks, internet or excursions since one person uses nothing more and it's not a required expense.

32 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

They make it back on the cabin charge.  That is understandable.

I don't think it's fair to charge anything extra for food, drinks, internet or excursions since one person uses nothing more and it's not a required expense.

I don’t think that anyone is arguing against the fact that solo cruisers generally get charged more (usually significantly).

The point is that in the particular case that we are talking about here, solo cruisers get a reasonably fair deal, with their price reduced to take into account that they don’t benefit from one of the perks.

A solo pays 42% of what a couple does. Sounds fair to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I don’t think that anyone is arguing against the fact that solo cruisers generally get charged more (usually significantly).

The point is that in the particular case that we are talking about here, solo cruisers get a reasonably fair deal, with their price reduced to take into account that they don’t benefit from one of the perks.

A solo pays 42% of what a couple does. Sounds fair to me.

The figures posted above show solo's are paying $42 not 42% off. 

42% would indeed be a great discount from a fair 50% drop.

I posted previously that the discount is a mere 16%; Ooops by me - it's  actually 14% ($7 out of $49).

Now, if you wanted to infer that the real fair charge was $42 pp and a duo is getting a bargain by paying only $49 instead of $82, you'd have an explanation. I'm not really buying that.

13 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

The figures posted above show solo's are paying $42 not 42% off. 

42% would indeed be a great discount from a fair 50% drop.

I posted previously that the discount is a mere 16%; Ooops by me - it's  actually 14% ($7 out of $49).

Now, if you wanted to infer that the real fair charge was $42 pp and a duo is getting a bargain by paying only $49 instead of $82, you'd have an explanation. I'm not really buying that.

The numbers posted are per person.

The couple are paying $49 each per day ($98 total).

The solo is paying $42 per day.

The amount that the solo is paying is 42.9% of what the couple pay. As they don’t get one of the benefits it is right that they pay less than 50%, and it looks quite fair to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

The numbers posted are per person.

The couple are paying $49 each per day ($98 total).

The solo is paying $42 per day.

The amount that the solo is paying is 42.9% of what the couple pay. As they don’t get one of the benefits it is right that they pay less than 50%, and it looks quite fair to me.

Thanks for the correction.

The post with those figures did not specify about the rate for two being pp.

I interpreted in the way that made sense to me.

So, I agree with you that it is, finally, a small break for the solo travelers.

• Like 1

Is there a period of time after which FAS+ isn't offered as an option?  I sail in 3 days.  I went in to mock book it for my niece but it's nowhere to be found.  Premium Plus, dining packages, Internet upgrade...all there.  But no reference to the package.

23 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Is there a period of time after which FAS+ isn't offered as an option?  I sail in 3 days.  I went in to mock book it for my niece but it's nowhere to be found.  Premium Plus, dining packages, Internet upgrade...all there.  But no reference to the package.

It's not listed with that stuff. If you're on the website it's on the summary page