Bed on Escape currently? Dinner show?

big al

Hi guys & gals- my wife & I are going on the NCL Escape in about a month...I had TERRIBLE problems sleeping on the NCL Joy this past April on a 12 night cruise..the cruise was great, but the bed was waaayyyy too hard for me..by the time I asked for a topper for the mattress, they were all gone..I literally got only 1-2 hours of sleep for 12 nights...so, can anybody share their experiences on the Escape now or recently? Thanks...

Also, there is a dinner show in the Supper Club on deck 6 near the Escape Theater..if you've seen the show & eaten there, please give your thoughts on it..I hear you can also just see the show w/ no dinner if you want..thanks!!

Big Al

I typically only get a few hours of sleep per night. Tossing and turning,,,turning and tossing...just like the oldies song. However, I had no problem sleeping on the Escape exactly one year ago. Of course, mattresses can degrade over a year, depending on the amount of "activity", so can't tell you how they are now. YMMV.

As for the Supper Club, they had nothing going on in there for our TA. However, there is an active thread going on right now.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1

@big al I love a hard mattress 🙂  that being said, if I am on the go and the mattress is uncomfortable I have had luck in the past of turning the mattress over as long as it's not a "pillow topper" mattress.  If it is a pillow topper then sometimes just turning it 180 degrees helps.

Usually if the mattress is firm though it tends to be a newer mattress so that might not help you much.

Sorry about your poor sleep experience that would be miserable on a cruise.

• Like 1

I was on the Escape in September, but in a Studio cabin. (11519). I had filled out the Access form and asked for egg crate topper since I have pain issues. I brought 2 of my own, as well, because sometimes even with the request, they are short.

I boarded to find not 1, but 2 toppers provided to me. I proceeded to layer all 4 and then place my padded mattress stretch allergy cover over that. 

Even with 4 foam toppers and a padded cover, the bed was HARD. Not so hard I couldn't sleep, but I did have a few muscle cricks in the morning.

• Like 1

Most times I have asked for egg-crate mattress topper to be put on my bed on the FIRST day (as soon as we board), with success.

Otherwise, I buy a cheapo egg-crate mattress on Amazon and lug it aboard and then leave it behind for NCL to reuse it.

• Like 2

We, literally, just got off Escape this past Sunday after a 7 day cruise to Bermuda.  DW & I were in the Uber on the way home & BOTH of us remarked on how well we slept this particular cruise & how comfortable the king-sized bed in our balcony cabin (14296) was!  Weird that I should see your post today re: beds on Escape!

Bottom line: our bed on Escape was quite comfortable!!

19 minutes ago, tomk3212 said:

We, literally, just got off Escape this past Sunday after a 7 day cruise to Bermuda.  DW & I were in the Uber on the way home & BOTH of us remarked on how well we slept this particular cruise & how comfortable the king-sized bed in our balcony cabin (14296) was!  Weird that I should see your post today re: beds on Escape!

Bottom line: our bed on Escape was quite comfortable!!

Great to hear...I ordered a topper just in case a few moments ago..if the bed is OK, I'll just tell the cabin steward to remove it..hope all went well! 😄

Big Al

• Like 1