Alcohol Policy

rdk13

Looking at a Cunard cruise, TA on the Qm2. Not sure of alcohol policy, Cunard’s web site says one bottle of wine per person  may be brought onboard.  When I do a search on this forum, many say you can bring whatever you want. Please clarify. Thanks.

There is a corkage charge for wine brought to a dining room. [same charge for bottles, magnums and even a double magnum 😉 ]

Your cabin steward will provide appropriate glasses when requested - no corkage charge for in room consumption.

When we board in Brooklyn, my carry on rolls along filled with wine bottles padded with socks and underwear.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rdk13 said:

Thanks for the replies.  Trying to figure out if I need the beverage package or just bring some bottles onboard

For the record, the cocktails/spirts/beers/wines/after dinner cordials etc offered onboard are of very high quality. Especially the cocktails. 

Investigate the Drinks Package; it includes nice nonalcoholic drinks and is inclusive of the 15% service charge to make the Package more appealing. I believe the Package is well worth it for a TA, never leaving the ship. You can enjoy an extra pint at the pub for lunch, a glass or three of port in the evening, hot chocolate reading a book and enjoying the sun while in the Commodore Club etc. In theory, you really can’t bring drinks mixed in your room to one of the bars or lounges. 
The “House” probably still wins on the Package but you’ll enjoy a huge selection of drinks and not have to feel guilty enjoying the above examples. 

• Like 2