Seaside vs Seascape in YC?

Av8tor

Loved our week in a Seaside YC Deluxe suite earlier this year so much that we extended onboard for another week!

Soon will be heading for a 2 week Sandals Jamaica land vacation, but the YC is still calling our name. Thinking about another YC cruise for next year and am looking at 2 weeks on Seaside in a Royal suite.

Other than the suite & balcony features, do you get additional perks for booking the RS other than the pool deck reserved cabana?

Pros/Cons or Likes/Dislikes between the 2 ships?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Av8tor said:

Loved our week in a Seaside YC Deluxe suite earlier this year so much that we extended onboard for another week!

Soon will be heading for a 2 week Sandals Jamaica land vacation, but the YC is still calling our name. Thinking about another YC cruise for next year and am looking at 2 weeks on Seaside in a Royal suite.

Other than the suite & balcony features, do you get additional perks for booking the RS other than the pool deck reserved cabana?

Pros/Cons or Likes/Dislikes between the 2 ships?

Thanks

We've done two Royals over the years including Seaside.  No extra perks.  You do typically get a senior butler though which helps.

They're mostly the same. A few minor differences. 

Seaside = cabana on the sundeck

Seascape = pergola on the sundeck

Seascape has the better whirlpool on the balcony and has power doors for the balcony. Seaside doors are manual (at least when I was on). 

Seaside balcony has better furniture but not a worthy difference. The butler might hook you up with some extras while you're in your cabana/pergola but not everyone gets something. It depends on the butler, I guess. 

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

How many traveling?  If only two, a RS really not worth the dollars now days

Although rare, it is possible to snag a RS for a decent price. My next RS I managed to get for about what I paid for a 2018 RS when prices were still low (booked in 2016). When prices are double (or more) than the Deluxe, it isn't worth it. 

WE are cruising on Seascape, in YC, over Thanksgiving week. Have previously cruised on Seaside in YC 2 times (2018 and 2019)

Ill try and provide comparisons after cruise...However I expect some cutbacks (as previously reported post Covid). 

11 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Seaside = cabana on the sundeck

Seascape = pergola on the sundeck

I've been in the pergolas on Seascape, what is the differnece for a cabana on Seaside?

Can the Seaside cabanas be reserved/rented?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Av8tor said:

I've been in the pergolas on Seascape, what is the differnece for a cabana on Seaside?

Cabanas provide a bit more sun protection and privacy vs. the pergolas. The Seascape pergolas are a bit better than the Seashore pergolas but Seaside/Seaview cabanas are better than what's on the EVO ships. 

3 hours ago, Av8tor said:

Can the Seaside cabanas be reserved/rented?

When I was on Seaside years ago, they were able to be rented for a fee. I'm not sure what they are doing now. It seems that MSC is now going for a "first come/first serve" tactic for cabana/pergola usage on the ships and no longer offers the extras that come with renting one for the day.

As of last month the cabanas on Seaside are still by reservation only, Royal suite still gets one included.  I asked why they had not changed to first come like on the Evo ships and was told it's because they have fewer on Seaside class. 

On our four night, spending time at Ocean Cay, about three were reserved the entire time by paying guests but at least three remained available for most of the time.

I did not see any butlers bringing "amenities" like snacks or a cooler with favorite drinks as they did years ago. 

Oh, after viewing that video I wanted to add the Seaside Yacht Club pool deck loungers have all lost their cushions, making them fairly uncomfortable.  In the cabanas they either had some thin pads or pads made from towels.

Edited by Boschmann