Senor Frogs emptied my wallet with one drink!

OliverTheCat

Holy Cow! I just returned from my cruise and decided to stop at the new Senor Frogs. MAKE SURE you ask the waiter the US dollar price of drink. They drink prices arent listed on menu and my banana daiquiri yard drink put me back $24 US dollars!! That is a pretty huge rip off if you ask me, considering it wasnt a special drink, and everywhere else I have gotten it in a yard was never more than $12...including Carlos N Charlies or Senor Frogs on other islands. My husband asked the waitress why so much, and she didnt have an answer... so just a warning their drinks here in a yard can be more expensive than dinner for 2! Yikes!

Wow, that is a lot!!! We recently spent a week there, and we spent an average of $500+ per day for food (there were 5 of us-and we didn't go to any fancy restaurants). It is sooooo expensive there...but soooo nice. But that drink is really overpriced. You also have to watch and make sure they haven't added in the tip. I noticed at some places they did this, and others didn't.

Next time, we're going to eat more meals in our condo. Being our first time there for a week, we ate out more than we should have.

As compared to many other islands, The Cayman Islands impose quite heavy import duties on alcohol.

Duty-free purchases can be made as tourists leave these islands via air or sea. But alcohol consumed on-island, in restaurants at bars or simply purchased at a liquor store, will priced to account for the duties on alcohol.

Heh. I noticed that when I went there as well. Of course all I did was ask which drink had the best kick for the buck. And it did! Then I did the conga line....AND was lucky enough to be drug up to the "stage" for a beer drinking contest. So my one drink actually scored me about three!

But EVERYTHING is expensive in Grand Cayman.

What the heck do the locals do for food?

Cayman is not the place to drink. The watersports prices there are reasonable but I'd rather plan my meals and such either within an excursion or on the ship. I really feel bad for all the college kids that got of my ship last week and went straight for Breeze's and Senor Frogs. I bet they were crying after five hours when they got their bar tabs. That's the advantage of these boards. You can research ahead of time and save the shock fo not knowing. Sorry you got burned by the prices. But at least you might of saved another who doesn't know what to expect. I'm sure Cayman is a fun place to drink. But make sure you have deep pockets if that's your idea of a good time.

Thanks for the heads up. :eek: Does anyone know if the less commercialized places are any cheaper? How much does a beer run? Thanks!

My husband had a XX Dos Equis beer (bottled) in Senor Frogs and he paid $3.00 US for it. We ate in Hard Rock last year and the food was way cheaper than Senor Frogs. I think drinks were too. Who knows though...since then maybe THOSE prices raised too :(

Thanks for the heads up. :eek: Does anyone know if the less commercialized places are any cheaper? How much does a beer run? Thanks!

I think everything is expensive. I wonder if the places that the "locals" go to would be any cheaper? Drew may have an answer for you on that.

I didn't drink beer, but one of my kids did. I'll have to ask him if he remembers. I ran across a receipt the other day (from the Marriott) for three drinks, and it was $35.

Archived