What's Terminal 10 Like in the Port of Galveton?

Ret MP

I've cruised out of Galveston a few times in the past but on another cruise line other than Royal Caribbean.  I've watched with great anticipation the building of Royal's new terminal, terminal 10.  But, I haven't seen/read many reviews of how the terminal is working.  Has anybody been there lately and can give a review of how it is working, good or bad or indifferent?  We cruise out of there in ~65 days and also have parking reservations at the North Covered Parking lot.  The few reviews I've read have been very positive but very limited in detail.  

What SSB stated...

Took me 15 minutes to get from sidewalk to ship and returning from ship to sidewalk 9 minutes. And that was Allure of the Seas. Yes, I used a stop watch, your mileage may vary.  An example of how to embark and disembark.  And parking available at the terminal, no more third party parking lots. Love that terminal.

• Like 1

I've parked in the uncovered area in the north lot a couple times, great location.  I recommend finding a spot on the east side of the lot (nearest to the parking lot main entrance) as it is closest to the terminal exit.

I can state that the Suite area of the terminal is wonderful!  Grab a seat and someone will be by to check you in shortly.  After that, grab coffee and pastry and enjoy your time until boarding starts.

Disembarkation seemed efficient and immigration has the face scan cameras for those with passports.  Grab your bags, face the camera, and head for the exit.

I've only been through twice but never saw the Texas tax collector scanning for passengers holding duty-free bags.  

• Like 1

In spite of there being a LOT of very nice, close in parking, I still prefer offsite parking and shuttling to the terminal.

HATE the traffic in Galveston that just kills the vacation vibe coming and going 🙂

DW isn't very mobile, so even the drop off/go park/meet to go in system isn't really viable either.

ONCE inside, it's an INCREDIBLE experience. LOTS of space, even when busy doesn't "feel" crowded. Since it's RC's "own" terminal, it's really focused on RC customers as opposed to just herding cats I felt in the old terminal.

NOW, that "interesting" restroom layout HAS taken some getting used to. OUTSIDE restrooms are a great addition too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GJustice said:

In spite of there being a LOT of very nice, close in parking, I still prefer offsite parking and shuttling to the terminal.

HATE the traffic in Galveston that just kills the vacation vibe coming and going 🙂

DW isn't very mobile, so even the drop off/go park/meet to go in system isn't really viable either.

ONCE inside, it's an INCREDIBLE experience. LOTS of space, even when busy doesn't "feel" crowded. Since it's RC's "own" terminal, it's really focused on RC customers as opposed to just herding cats I felt in the old terminal.

NOW, that "interesting" restroom layout HAS taken some getting used to. OUTSIDE restrooms are a great addition too.

Traffic is not bad with new terminal and changes already made and being made by Galveston . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GJustice said:

HATE the traffic in Galveston that just kills the vacation vibe coming and going

I've never found it to be terrible unless you try to sneak over to I45 on Shoreline drive.  The last 2 times I did this, a train blocked the street for a very long time and eventually had to u-turn and head back to somewhere where I could cut over to Broadway.  I really can't say why I did not learn my lesson after the first stoppage....

It's the Gulf Freeway that seems to always give me problems.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, txjim09 said:

I've never found it to be terrible unless you try to sneak over to I45 on Shoreline drive.  The last 2 times I did this, a train blocked the street for a very long time and eventually had to u-turn and head back to somewhere where I could cut over to Broadway.  I really can't say why I did not learn my lesson after the first stoppage....

It's the Gulf Freeway that seems to always give me problems.  

It's Harborside Drive; trains can be an issue.  The best route is stay on I45 which turns into Broadway.  One can turn left onto 51st to go back to Harborside and reach all of the cruise terminals.

• Like 2

Terminal 10 is state of the art and is considered best of the Royals terminals at the moment . 

And like Galveston Cruiser said , stay on 45  into town , which continues on to Broadway , and then straight on to 14th street , turn left , then for few blocks to Harborside , cross Harborside directly into to Terminal 10 and easy pesy parking and access to terminal . 

Edited by ssb
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...