San Antonio Princess Cruise

S.P.1995

We are leaving out of San Antonio, Chile on a Princess Cruise Jan. 2024.

We are flying into Santiago the day before, and spending one night in San Antonio.

What is the best from of transit from Santiago Airport to San Antonio?

Any recommendations for a place to stay in San Antonio?

Thank you.

We stayed a few nights in the Sheraton Hotel and Convention Centre in Santiago, then used a transfer to San Antonio organised by our travel agent with Southbound travels. Worked well for us. Certainly not the cheapest and have read about people using local buses but that wasn’t for us as we had heavy luggage. 

• Like 1

I suspect we're on the same cruise (Jan 20?) and the person in our group responsible for Santiago transportation booked the airport pickup through Viator.  Sorry, don't know the exact one but I convinced him how nice it is to have someone holding up a sign with your name!  He also booked Santiago-San Antonio using Viator, the Traslado Santiago a Puerto de Cruceros trip.  I was tempted by the Transport/Tour combos from various sources (including Tours by Locals, by typical go-to) but we will have 2 days in the area pre-cruise.

I looked into Princess transfers to the ship but the web site only mentioned airport pickup.  I asked a Princess person on a recent cruise who seemed to confirm that but I'm not sure they were well-informed.

We're staying at the Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center pre-cruise, it had reasonable prices and in a good location.  One of our new cruisers also noted that it was close to an Irish pub which, it seems, is one of his weaknesses!

FYI

there is a hotel near the port of san antonio (1 mile from the port)
It's called Enjoy San Antonio.

As tourism, you can visit the house of Pablo Neruda (Nobel Prize for Literature) on Isla Negra.

Applications like Uber and Cabify also work.

Good luck on your cruise

Patricio from chile

On 11/13/2023 at 12:39 AM, txjim09 said:

I looked into Princess transfers to the ship but the web site only mentioned airport pickup.  I asked a Princess person on a recent cruise who seemed to confirm that but I'm not sure they were well-informed.

Princess uses the Sheraton and provides transfers to San Antonio..at least they did in 2018 which we used and saw offered at the hotel in 2023 when we booked the hotel and transfers independently..Princess’ prices are more expensive but we tend to use them for our first visit to a port. When we feel we know the ‘lay of the land’, we book independently.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I found this.  We cruise (Princess) from Monday Feb 19, 2024.  Looking forward to any post cruise comments here.  For the leg from Santiago to San Antonio, I am looking at the taking Pullman bus, simply because there is *English* on their website.  Wondering if we could buy tickets online.  Or where to board the bus in Santiago.    Thanks in advance.

There is some good information about San Antonio if you use your favorite search engine to look for WhatsInPort and Rome2Rio with answers to both how to get from Santiago to the port as well as places to stay and things to do while you're there.  Also, there's already a Cruise Critic topic started with your fellow cruisers that you may find helpful, too:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2935576-sapphire-princess-antarctica-january-20-2024/

• 1 month later...