Telephone number

babs135

Having mentioned twice (!) the possibility of having to transfer our Christmas and New year cruise we are still very hopeful that we will be able to do the cruise but we may need to be contacted whilst we are at sea (just to keep us abreast of a situation).  We have a family member who, if necessary, will contact us, but is there a specific number she would ring? 

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions but I was hoping that there may be a local (UK) number for Cunard who could then contact the ship?  Obviously we will have opportunity to access emails when in port but it's the time in between.

18 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Thanks for the suggestions but I was hoping that there may be a local (UK) number for Cunard who could then contact the ship?  Obviously we will have opportunity to access emails when in port but it's the time in between.

Your safest bet is to buy an internet package then even on sea-days or evenings you will be contactable 24/7. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babs135 said:

It's quite possible to get Cunard's wifi to do things like Zoom or Teams, as well as Skype and Whatsapp. Your phone may also support wifi calling too. It will certainly be easier, and more cost effective to look at these sorts of options rather than to rely on satellite telephone calls. The one thing that may not work so well is SMS text messaging, though there are ways to get that to work.

• Like 1

@Pushpit is right. 

My daughter got Premium Net Package because she had to do some work stuff and we need to be able to be reached by family too, we have free roaming in Europe with our mobiles/cell phones, so I didn't get it, but on board Queen Victoria the net access was great 99% of the time. There was one day she threw a bit of a tantrum because there was no access, but she called them and was explained that she had logged herself out, she only needed to re-connect, so the internet package will be your best bet.

Having said that, I remember reading here when I first joined, someone mentioned a phone call letting them know they became Grandparents. Can't remember if he/she received the call or made a call from the Pursers desk (I maybe wrong about the location but it was to do with a phone and crew) and when they mentioned to include the cost in their bill, was told that no cost would be charged taking the very special occasion.... 

If I'm not mistaken, it was someone who often posts here, but my brain is mushed up by the years and overloaded with medication..... not sure if this is a possibility still, but depending on the grade of needing to be reachable, I would most certainly go for a premium internet package to be in the safe side   🙂

Would you rather not have an internet package, knowing that the call originator could rack up a considerable bill for calling ship be phone?

Contact information.

By telephone – to connect with the ship, please call (+1)-732-335-3272 for calls originating outside of the U.S.  For calls from the U.S. please dial (877)-266-0985. These numbers connect to the maritime telecommunications network where you will be prompted to enter your credit card number and expiration date.  Your call will be charged at a rate of US$9.50 per minute upon connecting to the ship. Calls on this network are limited to a maximum of 10 minutes per call.