"Oppenheimer" on MUTS?

DCThunder

I've heard that there's a bit of a controversy over on Carnival about showing the movie "Oppenheimer" on their outdoor movie screens.  What are the thoughts of the giant throbbing CC brain on showing it on MUTS on Princess ships this season?

3 minutes ago, Crashe said:

Play it later at night?

Not sure what time they normally show the movies, this is our first time with Princess coming up in December. But how many parents enforce a curfew while on vacation?

By the way, where can one find out the movie schedule for a particular cruise?

2 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

Not sure what time they normally show the movies, this is our first time with Princess coming up in December. But how many parents enforce a curfew while on vacation?

On your Journey View timeline in the app, movies should start to show the week before. 

They have the new Dead Reckoning movie Top Gun Maverick, but don't expect R rated movies at MUTS. 

I have not seen the movie yet. I can't sit through a three hour movie anymore. I will have to wait until  it is streamed. I did read the excellent book the movie was based on.   It deals with from very serious issues like the use of the atomic bomb,, expansion of nuclear weapons in h e cold war, the abuse Oppenheimer took from government agencies etc.  The Movie Under the Stars  is in a area for partying. Lots of drinks pizza, popcorn, cookies and mild etc.  I question if this is the place to show a movie with such important content. I do believe it could  be shown in the Princess Theatre, Vista Lounge or in the cabins.  I think those are a better venues for this particular movie.  

2 hours ago, IndyKid said:

Won’t be applicable until a week or so out from sailing.  Had some great movies and some not so great.  Love MUTS…when it’s bearable.  Alaska cruises are the best bring an additional blanket!  Just catch someone the here on the previous cruise…best way.