Whodunit - RCCL

skandls

The murder mystery thread is quite old. So I am starting a new one. We did a Whodunit cruise Feb 2006 and it was a lot of fun. We have done the Mexican Riviera cruise many times and the WDI made the cruise. There were a lot of laughs, some extra entertainment and a lot of fun people participating. We are thinking about the Halloween weekender....

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are seriously considering the Oct cruise out of Galveston. It would save us the airfare and it would fall during DH's birthday.

How into the spirit of it do we need to get? Or maybe I should be asking how into it can we get before others in the group think we are nuts?

Have a great time. You and DH can be as involved as you want or as much a spectator as you want. Let the Whodunit folks know how involved you want to be. I don't know the theme but when we went the feather boas, beads and other gangster attire were very popular. Other passengers may look but they are just jealous - we had a lot of laughs and great dinner conversation with people out to have fun.

From their website it looks like they are doing a pirate theme right now. I hope so anyway. I found a great site with lots of fun pirate stuff that I thought would be a hoot.

I didn't really want to do the mobster theme. I get beaten over the head with that enough on my soap every day. ;)

Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

Audiophilly, are you perhaps into GH?

anyway, when i was on a WDI cruise in Sept '05 from Galveston, it was a gangster theme, and it was so fun. we didn't get into character too much... though i totally coulda pulled it off, lol. they are a great group of people, and am also considering the Oct sailing. i think it will be a pirate theme since they've already done gangsta here.

btw, if u look at their scrapbook, on their website, the top right corner pic, bald guy w red stripe shirt, that's my bro from our sailing, the first night @ dinner.

the only thing was the "meeting" times for the WDI portion of the cruise ran into other things, i.e Meet n Mingle

Yes, I am indeed into GH. Although some days I am embarrassed to admit it. But lately I am very happy with it because they are harkening back to the far-fetched spy adventures that got me hooked on the show in my Teen Years.

And I named my son after Dr. Noah Drake. The Baptist side of my family was thrilled I had chosen a biblical name. I never quite worked up the nerve to tell them I had actually named him after a soap character. ;)

I have cheated in putting up my countdown clock already. I am actually booking the cruise this week. I sent off my info to Whodunit and am waiting for them to call me this week.

It's looking like it is going to be a pirate theme. And I have talked my husband into dressing in costume. We've decided we don't really care if anyone else does or not. We know we will have a blast with it.

I hope to see you there. I've seen some of your other posts and you seem like a lot of fun. And your cute brother looks like he is definitely having fun in the picture.

Archived