TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

6 minutes ago, bethfelk said:

Sorry to hear about the wifi thing, hope it didn’t mess up your first day experience too much. I think the medallions themselves are a genius idea but designing the entire guest experience around a poorly designed unreliable app is a head scratching choice to me

I agree. The bones are all here to be incredibly great. It’s just the execution. Oh well, we’re off to a great start this morning and feeling fine!

• Like 4

My tentative thoughts for today…. go float in the Retreat pool for a while, Alfredo’s for lunch, afternoon nap, party tonight. Champagne Waterfall at 6:30. There’s a production show, but I kinda wanna watch MNF at Mermaid’s Tail. 

• Like 9

Good morning,

Thanks so much for doing these “Live-From” threads. I enjoy them so much. I am also a teacher (7th grade world history in California), so I “get it.” Just know we have the same things going on here in California that you do in Texas (especially the bathroom shenanigans).

I’m usually a lurker, but I do enjoy cruising. We alternate cruises with trips to national parks in our travel trailer. I’m actually taking my kids on the 4 day Carnival Miracle cruise starting tomorrow (my husband is currently deployed). Your posts are really entertaining and I am very grateful for the time you spend documenting them. They give me something to look forward to. I was so bummed last night when you went dark due to internet issues. I’m so happy you’re back and I hope the rest of your vacation is wonderful! 

Amanda

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, amandaw559 said:

Good morning,

Thanks so much for doing these “Live-From” threads. I enjoy them so much. I am also a teacher (7th grade world history in California), so I “get it.” Just know we have the same things going on here in California that you do in Texas (especially the bathroom shenanigans).

I’m usually a lurker, but I do enjoy cruising. We alternate cruises with trips to national parks in our travel trailer. I’m actually taking my kids on the 4 day Carnival Miracle cruise starting tomorrow (my husband is currently deployed). Your posts are really entertaining and I am very grateful for the time you spend documenting them. They give me something to look forward to. I was so bummed last night when you went dark due to internet issues. I’m so happy you’re back and I hope the rest of your vacation is wonderful! 

Amanda

thanks so much!! Keep fighting the good fight. My better half is from California, Rancho Santa Margarita but she went to Cal Poly and I’ve called in love with the central coast. Can’t wait to get back. 

enjoy the Miracle! Took an amazing 10 day to Alaska on her a couple summers ago, really made me fall in love with Spirit class - sailed Pride to Europe last summer, have Spirit booked next Thanksgiving. 

thanks for tagging along!

• Like 3

It’s new day. Wi-Fi & medallion working well. I was bar hopping last night til 12:30. I just got up & all my peeps are still sleeping. I will be out & about shortly. I’m very excited because I saw my picture for the first time ever on CC! I feel like one of the cool kids. 

I’ll keep my eye out for that lobster shirt. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Just now, BohJang said:

It’s new day. Wi-Fi & medallion working well. I was bar hopping last night til 12:30. I just got up & all my peeps are still sleeping. I will be out & about shortly. I’m very excited because I saw my picture for the first time ever on CC! I feel like one of the cool kids. 

I’ll keep my eye out for that lobster shirt. 

She’s back!!!!! You partied!!!! I’m impressed! Favorite bar so far?

• Like 7

Just now, TxTeach79 said:
1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

She’s back!!!!! You partied!!!! I’m impressed! Favorite bar so far?

I guess that GS place. 24 gold margarita was excellent. I’m gonna go around today & try all the ones that were closed yesterday. I’m looking for that Alchemy vibe but don’t know if it will be found on this ship

• Like 9

If you followed along either or both of my Mardi Gras reviews, you may recall that while I LOVED the Serenity Deck up on 18, it was somehow built as a wind tunnel. Almost always windy. Well, Retreat is somehow WORSE. It’s gale force stuff. 

IMG_0407.thumb.jpeg.7b07145f56725f357b02abe8a4041c33.jpeg

the pool has waves. It’s not like this at the main pool at all. It’s so bad all the furniture is tied down. 

IMG_0408.thumb.jpeg.8e11d4f82a8a59268826b9926cf1df7f.jpeg

IMG_0409.thumb.jpeg.74c446750f26b9b45d7ed7da6be6309b.jpeg

• Haha 8