TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

1 hour ago, KKB said:

Haven't even sailed the Regal yet & I am 100% in agreement with this one.

Explorers is our FAVORITE spot on any Princess ship!

I understand they do trivia in Live?

HTH do you write the answers? 

Do they give everyone clipboards?

clipboards confirmed!

• Thanks 1

I’m getting a kick out of the kids in the balcony above me. As we slowly pull away from the pier, the kids are waving & saying goodbye deck people, goodbye security guys. And the guys are waving back to them. Kids are having a blast! 

• Like 13
  • Haha 7

Just now, BohJang said:

I’m getting a kick out of the kids in the balcony above me. As we slowly pull away from the pier, the kids are waving & saying goodbye deck people, goodbye security guys. And the guys are waving back to them. Kids are having a blast! 

love that! #wholesome

• Like 7

22 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Princess Live. As a lapsed Princess cruiser who previously had sailed on nothing newer than Ruby, I’ll give the hot opinion that Explorers > Princess Live

Since you are  considering Sky for a future cruise, you'll be happy to hear that Princess Live on Sky is more similar to Explorers than Regal with comfy chairs and little tables.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

great question. You gotta put your quads into it heading out of the water. I like that it’s so shallow and level the whole way out to the barrier, but that initial drop is steep

I have a hard time there as well. I make friends with the lifeguard in the cabana section. He sees me getting out and he comes and gives me a helping hand! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Since you are  considering Sky for a future cruise, you'll be happy to hear that Princess Live on Sky is more similar to Explorers than Regal with comfy chairs and little tables.

that’s very good news!

Welp… this is entirely on me needing to go back to the old way of cruising and just carry it memorize what’s on the patter, but I’ve missed a few things and stumbled into a few others this week cause I haven’t been sure what’s going on. I’ve gotten so used to the Carnival Hub app sending me reminders and push notifications for everything I wanna do that I’ve just been on cruise control (so to speak). So yeah, I just casually stopped and got a drink at the Wheelhouse and attended the LGBTQ get together. Had no idea til now back in the cabin. 

IMG_0951.thumb.png.2cb90889cfd9a20446fa74050e7eccae.png

IMG_0960.gif.1272d035c735f4957f05141f32d9b81a.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 27

3 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Welp… this is entirely on me needing to go back to the old way of cruising and just carry it memorize what’s on the patter, but I’ve missed a few things and stumbled into a few others this week cause I haven’t been sure what’s going on. I’ve gotten so used to the Carnival Hub app sending me reminders and push notifications for everything I wanna do that I’ve just been on cruise control (so to speak). So yeah, I just casually stopped and got a drink at the Wheelhouse and attended the LGBTQ get together. Had no idea til now back in the cabin. 

IMG_0951.thumb.png.2cb90889cfd9a20446fa74050e7eccae.png

IMG_0960.gif.1272d035c735f4957f05141f32d9b81a.gif

That's me every evening at the Alchemy Bar, or Amari Bar on the Venezia!   Good Times! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 8

That nap was so good and I got so much sun that I’m dragging a bit tonight. I really wanna make it to the 80’s deck party stuff and maybe the magician and a trivia but I need to fight through and get there. Came to the room to watch Honduras go by and have a couple room dranks, see if I can rally. 

IMG_0955.thumb.jpeg.c800054689135049c64c89cf33199207.jpeg

IMG_0958.thumb.jpeg.ca7f10658eb1016765a65159ddf67e64.jpeg

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

not sure how good the sound is, but hopefully this gives you an idea of the Crooners situation 

That’s too bad. It was always a great place to sit, sipping on a beverage and listening to some great piano players/singers with Billy Joel, Elton John favourites etc. It was always packed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

That’s too bad. It was always a great place to sit, sipping on a beverage and listening to some great piano players/singers with Billy Joel, Elton John favourites etc. It was always packed. 

that’s definitely how I remember it on Grand, Crown, and Ruby. Hard to get a seat some nights. 

• Like 2