Confused About Specialty Dining Reservations

Daruma

Hello, folks. 

I'm a bit confused about Speciality Dining reservations based on some things I've read here... and likely misinterpreted, lol 😂

I have four Speciality Dining upgrades... two by reserving a Solo Balcony, (BT category), and two others I purchased because there are four Speciality restaurants that interest me: La Cucina, Le Bistro, Cagney's, and Moderno Churrascaria... none of the others hold any interest for me whatsoever... if someone gifted them to me I'd just go to the buffet, or skip eating, lol.

I detest seafood beyond all measurable levels of detestability... so no Bayamo.

I'm not interested in being social, (I'm pretty introverted), so no Teppanyaki.

There was ZERO on the Food Republic's menu that I'd eat.

American Diner? I can get everything on their menu at any of a dozen diners near me.

Anyway, I've read stuff here about the order in which you make reservations, (I plan to be scratching at the online door as soon as reservations open), and that you have to reserve things in a certain order, or the system doesn't recognize your pre-purchase, and charges you.

Am I understanding this correctly? 

Based on the aforementioned four restaurants, do I have to book my reservations in a particular order?

Thank you for your time and help.

Take care, 

Lou

29 minutes ago, Daruma said:

Based on the aforementioned four restaurants, do I have to book my reservations in a particular order?

Book Cagney's first. It always fills up first. (that was the case on our cruise that we just returned from on Sunday). La Cucina wasn't as crowded, and always seemed to have availability. Le Bistro is quite popular, so book that one after Cagney's, then Moderno. Enjoy your cruise, we certainly did!

• Thanks 1

the reason people suggest booking the fixed price restaurants (in your case Moderno) is to make sure you're not charged for it, which is what would happen if you booked more restaurants than dining credits that you have.  Since you have four credits and plan on making 4 reservations, it shouldn't be a problem.  I would still book moderno first just to make sure.  the others will not fill up in the little time that it takes to quickly book moderno 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

the reason people suggest booking the fixed price restaurants (in your case Moderno) is to make sure you're not charged for it, which is what would happen if you booked more restaurants than dining credits that you have.  Since you have four credits and plan on making 4 reservations, it shouldn't be a problem.  I would still book moderno first just to make sure.  the others will not fill up in the little time that it takes to quickly book moderno 

I would certainly book Moderno as one of the first two, as it isn’t guaranteed that the system will recognise both dining packages.

Book fixed price specialties first . (Teppanyaki and Moderno Churrascaria). Book your ala-carte restaurants third and fourth. As @KeithJennerstated above, sometimes the system doesn't know you have four specialty meals, and if you don't list them in the right order, it may try to charge you for two of them..

Food Republic is by far our favorite place, we use one credit to share lunch on sea days and a 2nd credit to share a dinner. I don't eat seafood either, but there's plenty of non-fishy stuff to filly my belly. But to each their own.

Have a ballpark idea already planned out for which restaurant you would want to eat at on which day/time. Then book Moderno first just to be sure. When you get on board and go there they will ask if you want to use a meal credit, platinum voucher, or out of pocket - but when booking, the system can get confused by the fixed price places if they're not booked first or second.

Just make sure you save room for the pineapple at Moderno. We're looking forward to that treat in February on our next trip with NCL.

10 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Food Republic is by far our favorite place, we use one credit to share lunch on sea days and a 2nd credit to share a dinner. I don't eat seafood either, but there's plenty of non-fishy stuff to filly my belly. But to each their own.

Have a ballpark idea already planned out for which restaurant you would want to eat at on which day/time. Then book Moderno first just to be sure. When you get on board and go there they will ask if you want to use a meal credit, platinum voucher, or out of pocket - but when booking, the system can get confused by the fixed price places if they're not booked first or second.

Just make sure you save room for the pineapple at Moderno. We're looking forward to that treat in February on our next trip with NCL.

We have a really good Brazilian steakhouse near us that we often go to... I think I like the grilled pineapple more than the meats, lol. 🤣

10 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Oh, also, it's not that Food Republic has seafood or not, it's that when looking at sample menus, and menus that folks post in reviews, there's literally not a single thing that appeals to me, and certainly not more so than the other four restaurants I mentioned... but as you say... to each their own... that's just more Food Republic food for you to have 😆

1 hour ago, Daruma said:

Oh, also, it's not that Food Republic has seafood or not, it's that when looking at sample menus, and menus that folks post in reviews, there's literally not a single thing that appeals to me, and certainly not more so than the other four restaurants I mentioned... but as you say... to each their own... that's just more Food Republic food for you to have 😆

Yup, absolutely. I used to love the filet at LeBistro the best, but now with the menu changes and an up charge for it I have no interest to eat there at all. So more LeBistro for you.

• Haha 1