Trieste Port to Trieste Airport

room with a view

We can disembark from the ship at 6.30 ...our flight leaves at 13.00 .,,Trieste cruise port to Trieste airport

I'm not sure but I guess the check in will be 11.00 .,,then passport control and bag security ,

Allowing for luggage collection and taxi transfer ..is this enough time ?

thanks

Edited by room with a view
correction

14 minutes ago, room with a view said:

We can disembark from the ship at 6.30 ...our flight leaves at 13.00 .,,Trieste cruise port to Trieste airport

I'm not sure but I guess the check in will be 11.00 .,,then passport control and bag security ,

thanks

Plenty of time. Trieste is not a large city (compared to, say, Rome, Milan, Florence, etc.). It's not a small podunk town, but not enormous by any means. You'll be fine. For comparison's sake, we disembarked from Civitavecchia about 8 am on Sunday and after taking a train from there to Fiumicino airport, we were there by 11, and our flight was at 1:15.

Think the odds of you leaving the ship at 6:30 are less than zero. You do not say what ship you are on, but would say 9:00 would be more realistic. 

We disembarked there last April. Very small terminal. Finding your luggage might could be a challenge. Anyway......you should not have any trouble. Nice, smallish city with much character. Plenty of taxis out front when we were there.

12 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Plenty of time. Trieste is not a large city (compared to, say, Rome, Milan, Florence, etc.). It's not a small podunk town, but not enormous by any means. You'll be fine. For comparison's sake, we disembarked from Civitavecchia about 8 am on Sunday and after taking a train from there to Fiumicino airport, we were there by 11, and our flight was at 1:15.

Thanks for your reassuring advice....because of luggage  we will probably take a taxi .

12 hours ago, room with a view said:

thanks

Hi, we left the Dawn yesterday in Trieste fortunately we were staying in the region and Venice for 3 days post cruise.We have never experienced the like of slow disembarking, and it took us 95 mins to get off we were stuck in a corridor on deck 4 with hundreds of others, people were complaining of the lack of air and not pleasant at all.We we’re self embarking so didn’t have to pick our luggage up at the terminal but that looked badly organised.Dianne

21 minutes ago, di T said:

Hi, we left the Dawn yesterday in Trieste fortunately we were staying in the region and Venice for 3 days post cruise.We have never experienced the like of slow disembarking, and it took us 95 mins to get off we were stuck in a corridor on deck 4 with hundreds of others, people were complaining of the lack of air and not pleasant at all.We we’re self embarking so didn’t have to pick our luggage up at the terminal but that looked badly organised.Dianne

To fit in with flight schedules we will have to stay 4 nights pre cruise . If we can't make this 11.00 am flight then we will have to stay 4 days post cruise ...we don't have time for an extended holiday .

5 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Think the odds of you leaving the ship at 6:30 are less than zero. You do not say what ship you are on, but would say 9:00 would be more realistic. 

We disembarked there last April. Very small terminal. Finding your luggage might could be a challenge. Anyway......you should not have any trouble. Nice, smallish city with much character. Plenty of taxis out front when we were there.

It's the Pearl .

3 hours ago, room with a view said:

To fit in with flight schedules we will have to stay 4 nights pre cruise . If we can't make this 11.00 am flight then we will have to stay 4 days post cruise ...we don't have time for an extended holiday .

It's the Pearl .

Yea we usually stay before the cruise and fly straight home! If you can get off in the first bunch as soon as possible, and have a taxi waiting maybe it will work, We thought we wouldn’t rush off so waited to 8am to get off but so did a lot of other guys😂Enjoy your cruise! 

4 hours ago, room with a view said:

Thanks for your reassuring advice....because of luggage  we will probably take a taxi .

Yesterday when I checked, it was 37 minutes by car from the port to the airport. If you get in at 6:30 AM, I see no issues with making a 1 pm flight. Enjoy your cruise!

The advantage of flying out of TRS is that it is a very small, regional airport. You will not experience the massive lineups for check-in, baggage, security, passport control.  Actually, since you will be flying to either Frankfurt or Rome for your connection, you won’t even have your passports checked. Barring any major delays in the ship’s arrival you should be good.

Thanks everyone for all your posts ...because of logistics (Ryanair are the only airline that flies direct to Trieste) and other airlines have one or two stop-overs) we are going to have to rethink and fly into Marco Polo and back from Marco Polo.

We haven't booked the cruise (hope the cabin we want is still available !!!)  until we can  sort out flights. 

Thanks for all your very kind replies 

9 hours ago, di T said:

Di, I guess you were flying from Manchester ...it looks like we will have to do 4 nights pre cruise and then stay have an overnight post cruise at Marco Polo .

Can't get from Trieste to Marco Polo for a flight that departs at  13.00 

45 minutes ago, room with a view said:

Di, I guess you were flying from Manchester ...it looks like we will have to do 4 nights pre cruise and then stay have an overnight post cruise at Marco Polo .

Can't get from Trieste to Marco Polo for a flight that departs at  13.00 

Yes we were flying from Manchester, the train from Trieste is around 2hrs if on time ours to Venice was about 20 mins late so a bit of a gamble for a lunch time flight! Even by car it would be a good hour or two depending on traffic.When do you cruise? 

13 minutes ago, di T said:

Yes we were flying from Manchester, the train from Trieste is around 2hrs if on time ours to Venice was about 20 mins late so a bit of a gamble for a lunch time flight! Even by car it would be a good hour or two depending on traffic.When do you cruise? 

Di the cruise is from the 14th June  - 24th June  .

It’s not easy, but I do like to do our own trips so flight hotels and cruise all separate while able but we have been caught out a couple of times, the flights are the problem I always find!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 4:46 PM, room with a view said:

Hi Di ..we are flying  to and from Marco Polo .

4 nights 🌙 post and 1 night at a MP airport hotel  as the flight is an early one.

Plenty time to look at transfers up to Trieste .

As you know we came unstuck when the Epic was cancelled..but still prefer to book flights and hotel  separately  .

There’s a good train sevicefrom Venice Mestre station to Trieste Central then just a 15 minute walk along the front to the ship, I booked the train through train line and it was very comfortable and inexpensive.

1 minute ago, di T said:

There’s a good train sevicefrom Venice Mestre station to Trieste Central then just a 15 minute walk along the front to the ship, I booked the train through train line and it was very comfortable and inexpensive.

We are looking  at the options going straight from Marco Polo airport to Trieste ,4 nights there and then on to the ship.

Guess it will be by bus ..but direct .

Haven’t actually tried that journey.But the bus is worth pricing.We only stayed one night in Trieste it was a lovely place with beautiful architecture and plenty of  options for food and drinks.I would stay there again, The train was booked on train line AP and was just under £20 for both of us.Was about an hour and a half to Mestre.We have been to Venice lots and have stayed in the Mestre district 4 times it’s a short trip to the airport by taxi or bus.I would price the bus direct from Marco Polo if I was you! Happy cruising.Dianne

We stayed in you me design place hotel a modern 4 star was easy to find and 10 mins from the ship, Nice breakfast but our room was noisy from the street, we had the window open a wee bit because the room was very hot! ( They tend to knock the air conditioning off in November) but it was 24degrees in the room and the window had been taped shut so we had to get them to take the tape off and it seems the window was broken and wouldn’t shut lol.There was a beautiful building near by that was an Hilton at doubletree think I would have a look at that if we return.

On 11/16/2023 at 12:46 PM, room with a view said:

Hi Di ..we are flying  to and from Marco Polo .

4 nights 🌙 post and 1 night at a MP airport hotel  as the flight is an early one.

Plenty time to look at transfers up to Trieste .

As you know we came unstuck when the Epic was cancelled..but still prefer to book flights and hotel  separately  .

You can still use NCL air credits and have packaged flights on other days than the standard offered by NCL.

Booking any hotels separately.

Can save quite a bit if they can do the flights you want, worth checking