Quest Antarctica Capacity

hoya68

47 minutes ago, markandjie said:

I don't believe the Quest goes to Antarctica anymore. Back when it did go I believe they limited it to something under 400 guests. 

I am booked on the Quest in January sailing from Chile to Antarctica.

2 hours ago, markandjie said:

I don't believe the Quest goes to Antarctica anymore.

Quest, which previously did Antarctica trips the entire winter season, now goes to Antarctica once a year; in 2024, it's part of of an 80-day Grand Voyage around South America. The shortest segment including Antarctica is 26-days from Santiago to Buenos Aires.

2 hours ago, hoya68 said:

Does anyone know whether Seabourn books all cabins on Antarctica cruises? If they are limited any guess as to the number of suites booked?

@hoya68  I believe it was previously limited to right around 400 passengers so they could try to get everyone one landing — limited to 100 people — per day. Also because the expanded expedition staff used up some of the regular passenger suites.

But because it's no longer considered an "Expedition Voyage", I don't know how the staffing for and experience in Antarctica and South Georgia may have changed from the trips prior to the new expedition ships. 

2 hours ago, markandjie said:

I don't believe the Quest goes to Antarctica anymore. Back when it did go I believe they limited it to something under 400 guests. 

Having done this twice, it was limited to 400. They do still do it, at least this year, but as part of the Grand South America, I think it is called. Loved it at 24 days and both included South Georgia which is amazing!

13 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Quest, which previously did Antarctica trips the entire winter season, now goes to Antarctica once a year; in 2024, it's part of of an 80-day Grand Voyage around South America. The shortest segment including Antarctica is 26-days from Santiago to Buenos Aires.

@hoya68  I believe it was previously limited to right around 400 passengers so they could try to get everyone one landing — limited to 100 people — per day. Also because the expanded expedition staff used up some of the regular passenger suites.

But because it's no longer considered an "Expedition Voyage", I don't know how the staffing for and experience in Antarctica and South Georgia may have changed from the trips prior to the new expedition ships. 

I am booked on the 26 day segment from Chile to Buenos Aires in Jan 2024, and it is considered an expedition voyage.

55 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

I am booked on the 26 day segment from Chile to Buenos Aires in Jan 2024, and it is considered an expedition voyage.

Good to know. It isn't showing up labeled as an expedition cruise on the Seabourn website, but that may be because it's sold out, or because, well, it's Seabourn's website. 🤣

• Haha 2

To clarify - that segment has all the hallmarks of an exped cruise, (i.e., zodiac tours, landings, parka & beanies, naturalists, etc. etc.).  If it looks like a duck..........................it might be a penguin.  

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, markandjie said:

Our first ever Seabourn experience was the Christmas 2015 cruise to Antarctica on Quest. Such incredible memories. Enjoy it, she's a great ship.

Yes she is. We had our honeymoon cruise on her 17 years ago. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hoya68 said:

Yes she is. We had our honeymoon cruise on her 17 years ago. 

Hope that was a typo 😂

MV Seabourn Quest is a luxury cruise ship in Seabourn Cruise Line. It was constructed by Italian shipbuilder T. Mariotti. The vessel entered service in June 2011.