black friday: $200 onboard credit on all cruises? say what?

UKstages

i'm having problems with a wonky NCL site tonight... what else is new? i had to go to three different browsers and then every time i tried to access my account, it would ask me to log in again. rinse. lather. repeat. over and over again. an endless loop.

but that's not the interesting part.

on one of those page reloads the homepage displayed a black friday banner that advertised a $200 onboard credit on every cruise.

was that a test? a harbinger of a true black friday discount? or just another instance of a wonky website and poor design? i hate to start rumors, but i know what i saw... and now it's vanished.

fyi, it wasn't the credit card banner that advertises $250 OBC for a new card... it specifically advertised a "$200 onboard credit" - on "all" cruises or "every" cruise - as part of a black friday promotion. and it was a banner ad, a gif or jpg or png file that a graphic artist had to prepare... not just a wayward text field or coding mistake or something left over from a prior promotion..

anybody see this? or know anything about it?

• Like 1

It's interesting for sure. I'd rather have pre paid services charges included 😉 as I usually get a bunch of OBC from my TA.  And I'm sure the OBC would only be for new bookings.  They had a similar deal at Halloween and we got 250 from NCL and another 150 our TA.

Or if they had a discount on all the excursions and add ons for the cruise for black friday.  I'd be up for that.

I wonder if it was from a past deal?  Try searching the NCL website for black friday.  There are usually old pages floating around.

Search for -   site:ncl.com "black friday"

Edited by wilmingtech

50 minutes ago, wilmingtech said:

I wonder if it was from a past deal?  Try searching the NCL website for black friday.  There are usually old pages floating around.

i did find something for past customers on the canadian NCL site offering $200 for any cruise on the getaway... in 2015. why that page is still out there and hasn't been cleaned up, i don't know. but that's the only offer of this type i was able to see. 

18 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i did find something for past customers on the canadian NCL site offering $200 for any cruise on the getaway... in 2015. why that page is still out there and hasn't been cleaned up, i don't know. but that's the only offer of this type i was able to see. 

There are a lot of documents, old pages, special deals, pdfs of all kinds of things buried deep in the dungeons of the NCL website.  I think it's pretty interesting what you can find there.

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

i'm having problems with a wonky NCL site tonight... what else is new? i had to go to three different browsers and then every time i tried to access my account, it would ask me to log in again. rinse. lather. repeat. over and over again. an endless loop.

but that's not the interesting part.

on one of those page reloads the homepage displayed a black friday banner that advertised a $200 onboard credit on every cruise.

was that a test? a harbinger of a true black friday discount? or just another instance of a wonky website and poor design? i hate to start rumors, but i know what i saw... and now it's vanished.

fyi, it wasn't the credit card banner that advertises $250 OBC for a new card... it specifically advertised a "$200 onboard credit" - on "all" cruises or "every" cruise - as part of a black friday promotion. and it was a banner ad, a gif or jpg or png file that a graphic artist had to prepare... not just a wayward text field or coding mistake or something left over from a prior promotion..

anybody see this? or know anything about it?

I had that happen to me for a full day. I finally called NCL and after 20 minutes of no luck, they told me to delete my cookies and it worked. For some reason it was not recognizing my email passwod.