Drink Package and Kids requirement to purchase

Esv104

Hello.  My wife and I just purchased a drink package for a summer 24 cruise.  My kids (over age 12) were not forced to buy the zero proof package. Has anybody had experience with this recently?  Will celebrity add this charge on later? People seem to state kids need to get zero proof package, but it’s not stated anywhere as a requirement.  Only that those drinking age need to purchase. I would hate to be charged almost $600 for my kids to have a few waters and maybe a soda or two.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

This is what it says under the FAQ:  

Our policy requires that any guest wishing to purchase the Drink Package must do so for all other guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom. However, we will make an exception for the following:

Exceptions: 

• Children 12 years old and under: will NOT be required to purchase a Zero drink package.
  • Teens – A Zero Proof drink package will be added
    • 13 -17 years old (Europe, Asia, Australia)
    • 13 - 20 years old (USA)
  • Pregnant guests – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.
  • Recovering alcoholic or medical issue that does not allow guests to consume alcohol. – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.

I would call to verify that it isn't needed, so you won't be surprised if they are charged or disappointed if you need to cancel.  I would assume however you booked has your children's age in the reservation but you might want to check that too.

It only says that under the FAQ for pregnant or recovering alcoholic- not the basic “does everyone need a drink package?”  I tried to call but wait was 45-60 minutes.  Maybe later today.  Thanks.