Good Morning Everyone!

meluvtogocruise

Hey - what am I doing still awake. I should be sound asleep by now. Just thought I'd chat. I do have a question for anyone who had flown on Mid-west Airlines. Did you think this was a good airline to travel with. They are offering some great fares from Pgh to Ft Lauderdale. I'm tempted to

book early. I would have to transfer from Ft. L to Miami though.

Should I go for a limo or carnival transfers?

Thanks in advance for your time.

mel:)

The four of us are using a limo from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami. Dividing the cost by four makes it even cheaper than Carnival's big bus. Plus the personal comfort would make it worth it even if it were more expensive.

It seems now-a-days, Limo companies use a variety of vehicles. In our case they're picking us up in a large SUV. It has plenty room for luggage, on the roof racks if necessary. When I booked them, I asked the same question.

Mid-west Airlines. Did you think this was a good airline to travel with.

As stated in http://news.cheapflights.com/airlines/midwest_airlines/

Milwaukee-based discount airline Midwest Express has been recognized by the Conde Nast Traveler Business Travel Awards Poll for the eighth year in a row.

The airline came in first place in three of the six categories; seat comfort/legroom, food/beverages and cabin service. Over 10,000 readers voted in the poll.

Midwest finished in second place for the overall domestic single-class airline category, being nosed out by JetBlue by two percentage points.

If you are planning to fly Midwest (formerly Midwest Express) from PIT to FLL, you will be on their "Signature Service". This would be on either an MD-82 or 717 (a later MD-8x derivative). Both will be EXCELLENT in terms of cabin comfort.

Most airlines configure these aircraft in a five-across layout (3-2); however Midwest uses a 2-2 config, similar to first class on other lines. Info on the seat layout can me found HERE.

One note....your routing will be from PIT to Kansas City (MCI) and then to FLL. Signature service on both legs. Thus, your total travel time will be significantly longer - 773 miles to MCI and then another 1242 to FLL, vs a non-stop distance of 994. But a very comfortable time, which can easily offset the increase. You can see their route map HERE.

In general, flights on their Signature Service network are not very low discount fares - however, you will get a significantly better flight experience than ordinary coach. If you find great fares (probably due to the connection in MCI) my opinion is to take it.

Archived