Average age

Rangerblp

24 minutes ago, Rangerblp said:

Wife and I are considering a VV cruise and were curious about the average age onboard most vv ships? 

On our June 5 nighter from Miami, I'd guess that many of the cruisers were 20's to 50's.  Thinking that there will be more older passengers on the Greek, Med, PR cruises, etc. 

• Like 1

It depends greatly on the length of cruise and location.  What I know......in 2022 the average for ALL VV sailings was 43 with a range of 18-90s.  This was published data from VV

late summer 2023, I saw  a statement from a TA that the average age was 48.  He didn't say anything about what time period or cruise length was involved or where he got this figure.

Personal experience--shorter cruises = younger people, but that is a generalization.  Overall, a few 20s, a lot of 30s -50s, and enough older people that you can be comfortable at any adult age.  On our recent 14 night, there seemed to be more elderly people traveling with younger family than I'd seen previously.  There are a significant number of parents with adult children and 30s-40s who can work on line.

The published data from VV will always look older than other lines because there are no kids on board to bring the average down.  Example--Celebrity and Princess on the cruises I've done seem to have a LOT more older adults, but their stated averages are lower because they are actively trying to cater to families with kids. VV is basically "young at heart" regardless of chronological age.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 3

On 11/19/2023 at 6:16 AM, Rangerblp said:

Wife and I are considering a VV cruise and were curious about the average age onboard most vv ships? 

If you were on our current Valiant Lady Thanksgiving cruise you would have no idea you were on a Virgin Voyages sailing based on the guests. It looks just like any other adult centric guest list from the young to mature and everything in between. Except kids.

Basically it's the same mix of adults that sail on Celebrity, Princess, NCL, Holland America, Carnival, Cunard, MSC and any other mainstream cruise line you can think of. The cruising world has finally discovered Virgin Voyages and it's awesome to see such a great mix of folks onboard. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the average is significantly different than other cruise lines. Obviously you don't have anyone under 18, but on the flip side, there don't seem to be all that many elderly people (e.g., very few electric scooters on our cruise a year ago). So I think it balances out. Average is similar, but a much smaller standard deviation. 🙂

• Like 1