Show times (Oosterdam)

m921759

Hello !
Looking forward to our first Holland America cruise ! We'd like to enjoy both MDR and some shows. When can we expect most show times in the main theater ? I saw one set of journals from another ship and read a bit but some up to date info would help. If this helps we will be on the Oosterdam.

Thank you

We were on Oosterdam a week ago, and show times were really odd, 7:30 and 9 p.m.  We had fixed late seating (8 p.m.) for dinner, and really had to rush to make the 9.  Our tablemates sometimes would go to the 7:30 for the first half hour, and then the last bit after dinner.  Open seating would have been better.  For the early birds, I guess they could have gone to either show...

• Thanks 1

There are not really as many "shows" as there used to be.  Most of the evening entertainment now takes place on Music Walk, and there is always something going on there, staggered start times for their sets.  You didn't say what cruiseline you have been on before, but you won't find the "Broadway" type productions on HAL.  There will probably be some dance performances, a comedian (not always in the main auditorium), but as I said... mostly it's amazing and wonderful music along Music Walk.  You will have a great time!

10 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We were on Oosterdam a week ago, and show times were really odd, 7:30 and 9 p.m.  We had fixed late seating (8 p.m.) for dinner, and really had to rush to make the 9.  Our tablemates sometimes would go to the 7:30 for the first half hour, and then the last bit after dinner.  Open seating would have been better.  For the early birds, I guess they could have gone to either show...

We were also on the transatlantic crossing.  We chose open dining because we like to eat 7:30-7:45. Had the same problem as those with fixed late seating.  If we wanted to see a show, we had to ask for "expedited service" which meant rushing through every course.  Not only was there a problem with the Mainstage shows but other evening activities were timed to meet the needs of the early diners.  Mentioned the problem for late diners to the Hotel GM. Got the "gee, that doesn't make sense" answer. Very disappointing.  Those who eat late shouldn't have to rush through a meal.

• Like 1