Cruisenext Certificates “deactivated”

Trixierenda

We purchased 8 certificates onboard the Joy last month and the cost is shown on my final invoice. The certificates are not reflected in my account or my husband’s. I sent a general inquiry and was told they were “deactivated” and I needed to contact Cruisenext staff. They have been completely non-responsive.  A PCC trying to help me book sent them another email on my behalf and copied a supervisor. It’s been crickets, I’ve sent a few additional emails asking for status of their review. Has anyone ever heard of this? We’ve been on 4 NCL cruises, bought certificates every time and never had a problem. I don’t know where to turn, other than at some point disputing the charge with AMEX for undelivered goods. 

4 minutes ago, Trixierenda said:

We purchased 8 certificates onboard the Joy last month and the cost is shown on my final invoice. The certificates are not reflected in my account or my husband’s. I sent a general inquiry and was told they were “deactivated” and I needed to contact Cruisenext staff. They have been completely non-responsive.  A PCC trying to help me book sent them another email on my behalf and copied a supervisor. It’s been crickets, I’ve sent a few additional emails asking for status of their review. Has anyone ever heard of this? We’ve been on 4 NCL cruises, bought certificates every time and never had a problem. I don’t know where to turn, other than at some point disputing the charge with AMEX for undelivered goods. 

Is there a reason that you haven't already contested the charges?  I would have done that as soon as I heard the first cricket.

I did check the time limit/policy on AMEX and there is no limit for non delivery of goods. I hate to lose the 50% savings on those certificates. Maybe I’m expecting an answer too quickly? It’s been 2 weeks. I’m just puzzled by the term they used. 

11 hours ago, Trixierenda said:

I did check the time limit/policy on AMEX and there is no limit for non delivery of goods. I hate to lose the 50% savings on those certificates. Maybe I’m expecting an answer too quickly? It’s been 2 weeks. I’m just puzzled by the term they used. 

Simply playing "devil's advocate," but, could you possibly have multiple account #'s and your certificates exist elsewhere for some unknown reason?  Might be a question to pursue...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Simply playing "devil's advocate," but, could you possibly have multiple account #'s and your certificates exist elsewhere for some unknown reason?  Might be a question to pursue...

Excellent suggestion. When booking our last cruise it was discovered that Mrs. Schmoopie had three different Latitudes accounts. Your guess is as good as mine as to how this happened. They are all now combined into one account.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Excellent suggestion. When booking our last cruise it was discovered that Mrs. Schmoopie had three different Latitudes accounts. Your guess is as good as mine as to how this happened. They are all now combined into one account.

I think we know how it happened.  A year or two ago, NCL had a system problem.  I log into my account and book a cruise.  I then add DW to the booking.  They system is supposed to retrieve her lattitudes info, but was instead assigning new numbers as if she was new to NCL.  A sharp phone agent alerted me to this and fixed the three or four affected bookings.  I believe it is now fixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to update, I sent an email last night to the general guest relations email address asking for their help. I not only got a call from them today they directly contacted cruise next staff on my behalf. I just received an email stating there was a “system error” but my CNCs have been restored. I logged into my account and see them there. Hooray! Ready to book on the new Aqua 🛳️

• Like 11

23 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I think we know how it happened.  A year or two ago, NCL had a system problem.  I log into my account and book a cruise.  I then add DW to the booking.  They system is supposed to retrieve her lattitudes info, but was instead assigning new numbers as if she was new to NCL.  A sharp phone agent alerted me to this and fixed the three or four affected bookings.  I believe it is now fixed.

We had same issue before - DH had 3 account. PCC fixed it, then I booked another cruise last month and those duplicate accounts reappeared . Will lneed to re-fix it when we get back home from Viva TA.