Best excursions for Eastern Caribbean wayfarer

I am doing the Eastern Caribbean 11 day cruise on the Eurodam departing FLL on December 9.  It's my first cruise!  I'm going with a friend of mine from high school.  We're in our late 40s.

I'm scuba certified and would like to dive at 2 or 3 of the ports of call.  It seems like most of these places have decent but not absurdly great diving so there's not too much to differentiate them from that respect.  So I thought it might make sense to instead see what are the best "topside" activities at each port and then scuba at the places where there's nothing above water that really floats my boat (ha!).

I like adventure activities the most: hiking, canyoning, etc.  I also like interesting cultural activities.  Shopping is of no interest to me.  Beaches are of minimal interest.  I'm not a big drinker.  I tend to prefer smaller group activities or exploring on my own rather than being on a big bus full of other tourists.

What are folks must-do activities at these ports?  We're going to Sint Maarten, Antigua & Barbuda, Dominica, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Thomas, and Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas.

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, bdawg76 said:

I am doing the Eastern Caribbean 11 day cruise on the Eurodam departing FLL on December 9.  It's my first cruise!  I'm going with a friend of mine from high school.  We're in our late 40s.

I'm scuba certified and would like to dive at 2 or 3 of the ports of call.  It seems like most of these places have decent but not absurdly great diving so there's not too much to differentiate them from that respect.  So I thought it might make sense to instead see what are the best "topside" activities at each port and then scuba at the places where there's nothing above water that really floats my boat (ha!).

I like adventure activities the most: hiking, canyoning, etc.  I also like interesting cultural activities.  Shopping is of no interest to me.  Beaches are of minimal interest.  I'm not a big drinker.  I tend to prefer smaller group activities or exploring on my own rather than being on a big bus full of other tourists.

What are folks must-do activities at these ports?  We're going to Sint Maarten, Antigua & Barbuda, Dominica, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Thomas, and Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas.

Thanks!

I suggest you go to the board that says Caribbean and look at each port you are going to be at- there are recommendations on that board for all these ports.  Have fun and enjoy.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

I suggest you go to the board that says Caribbean and look at each port you are going to be at- there are recommendations on that board for all these ports.  Have fun and enjoy.  

I didn't even know that part of the forum existed!  Thanks for the suggestion.

Domenica- river tubing was one of our best shore excursions in the entire Caribbean. Another good one in Jamaica - river rafting, but that is more passive. The Domenica river-tubing was just active fun in a beautiful, lush setting.

Try to get to over St Johns,  when you are in St Thomas. (ASAP)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Domenica- river tubing was one of our best shore excursions in the entire Caribbean. Another good one in Jamaica - river rafting, but that is more passive. The Domenica river-tubing was just active fun in a beautiful, lush setting.

Try to get to over St Johns,  when you are in St Thomas. (ASAP)

Sounds intriguing, I'll take a look at the river tubing.  Thanks!