Queen Anne Princess Grill bathrooms...

Thetis22

29 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

That’s your choice but please allow those of us who are looking forward to her the chancel sailing on her  to do so without being made to feel like we are putting up with 2nd best. I am looking very much looking forward to my 2024 14 nights voyage  I also have several other bookings on QV and QM2 but there is still time an capacity  for further Queen Anne bookings. At least with all those on here not wanting to sail there will be plenty of availability for those of us that do. 

And those of us on board may have an amusing sign competing to find and complain about the first sign of rust. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And those of us on board may have an amusing sign competing to find and complain about the first sign of rust. 😀

Well I don’t go until the end of July so I am expecting to be told  by then the balconys will be riddled with it and all the upholstery worn out and she will be in need of a refit. 🚢😂😂

Edited by Winifred 22
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Well I don’t go until the end of July so I am expecting to be told  by then the balconys will be riddled with it and all the upholstery worn out and she will be in need of a refit. 🚢😂😂

You must be assuming she is going to be ready on time, so the defects have a little while to develop. We are (totally inadvertently) on her second voyage, at which stage there may still genuinely be many minor niggles of things not quite ready, which we shall be able to exaggerate. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bottom line is Cunard has to grow and introduce the next generation of pax, the millennials, to Cunard. That cohort is now entering their 40’s, growing out of Disney vacations/Carnival cruises, and making more money. This generation seems to like “wellness” activities and more specialty dining options and QA focuses on those areas. As for the newer pax to Cunard, we can’t assume they do not want to follow Cunard traditions nor, from all the marketing from Cunard about QA, does Cunard want to lessen those traditions. If these new pax like their QA experience then they may be enticed to do a TA or another Cunard voyage. QA will be different to us no doubt but I believe more veteran Cunard pax will see enough onboard to feel at home. And yes, the PG cabins on QA do seem small for a more premium price tag. 

We are sailing on QA's third voyage, and are looking forward to comparing the QG penthouse to the same accommodation we enjoyed on QE.  The layout is quite different, and to our minds (but not yet opinion, as we are yet to sail) superior, in that the sitting area is separated from the sleeping area by what seems to be a functional partition.  Very civilised.  I shall write a review upon returning home.

• Like 3

Despite preferring the traditional, I have booked QA for 2025. I'm pleased that Cunard are doing well enough to warrant their confidence in acquiring another ship.

I'm very happy to express a negative opinion of the ship but only once I've sailed on it. In the meantime, I'll be hoping it's a good alternative to the existing three.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, exlondoner said:

You must be assuming she is going to be ready on time, so the defects have a little while to develop. We are (totally inadvertently) on her second voyage, at which stage there may still genuinely be many minor niggles of things not quite ready, which we shall be able to exaggerate. 😀

New game, new game

Find the niggle and see who has the best whilst smiling valiantly through the dreadful time onboard.😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mareblu said:

We are sailing on QA's third voyage, and are looking forward to comparing the QG penthouse to the same accommodation we enjoyed on QE.  The layout is quite different, and to our minds (but not yet opinion, as we are yet to sail) superior, in that the sitting area is separated from the sleeping area by what seems to be a functional partition.  Very civilised.  I shall write a review upon returning home.

I think we must have the same brand of cabin (Q4?) which I’m actually a bit worried about, as the separation may make both halves seem poky and claustrophobic. As one of the main reason we go in QG is my claustrophobia, this may have been imprudent.

Claustrophobia rules my life.  I once refused to undergo an MRI until they reset the machine so I could slide in feet first.  Ours is a Q3, and the areas look sufficiently spacious.  Of course, we need to “be there to know”, so we shall see.  Of note is the fact that the partition is open-sided, so really I think its function would be to create an aura of division, rather than enclosure.  We’re really looking forward to our voyage.

1 minute ago, Mareblu said:

Claustrophobia rules my life.  I once refused to undergo an MRI until they reset the machine so I could slide in feet first.  Ours is a Q3, and the areas look sufficiently spacious.  Of course, we need to “be there to know”, so we shall see.  Of note is the fact that the partition is open-sided, so really I think its function would be to create an aura of division, rather than enclosure.  We’re really looking forward to our voyage.

Have you got one of the ones on a corner? That should give a nice sense of space. I’m hoping the division will be all right. I assume it has a screen on each side, which I don’t necessarily want, but imagine most people do. As you say, something to look forward to.

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

We have 'upright' scanners available near us for those who cannot go in the tunnel.

I'm sure the cabins will be fine. . Can't say I like the idea of a windowless lounge but apart from that, we are looking forward to seeing the ship in real time.

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Have you got one of the ones on a corner? That should give a nice sense of space. I’m hoping the division will be all right. I assume it has a screen on each side, which I don’t necessarily want, but imagine most people do. As you say, something to look forward to.

We’ve chosen mid-stern, which should afford  panoramic views, although not quite as expansive as a corner balcony.  Yes, I imagine a screen either side was a motivating impetus for the divider.