Odyssey OTS have sugar beach or a candy store?

codeyell0

10 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Pick up a handful of movie theater box candy from your local Walgreens.  Considerably cheaper than buying onboard, and the kids'll appreciate it just as much. 

It's the experience.  They are not huge candy kids.  but they do like the options the candy store has.  things you don't just see anywhere.
I guess its a walmart or target run.

Do you have a local candy store -- like maybe at the mall? -- where they could have the same experience as part of your cruise prep?  

Something sad I saw on ... Independence?:  A dad and two boys had just been to the candy store, and each boy had a small clear plastic cup with a lid on it.  I think that's how they sell their candy.  The family was getting drinks from the serve-yourself Coke machine, and one boy DROPPED his cup.  Expensive M&Ms alllll over the Promenade.  

Another story -- not sad:  Same cruise, we were sitting at Promenade Cafe /across from the candy store, which was closed.  I noticed that 100% of the kids turned their heads and looked at the candy store as they walked.  50% of the adults too.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury