Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

Filet was amazing. It was cooked perfectly, very tender and had a nice flavor. Perfect. 

The short ribs ravioli on top could be a meal on it's own and would have been more enjoyable than the short ribs at Cucina. 

Both the other options looked good at the table but it's hard to pass up the filet. 

For dessert I got the blueberry chia cheesecake. 

17011939836204779454845900078294.thumb.jpg.c19495d268a3a1aa4ac3f7785b6d3c35.jpg

• Like 10

That cheesecake was very good as well. I am a huge cheesecake fan but not big on blueberries so I wasn't sure how this was going to go. The blueberry was subtle and tasted like it was made from fresh blueberries not the overly sweet canned blueberry gloop. Two thumps up.

Very great meal all around!

• Like 8

So for anyone who did not read my last review, I've been on a weight loss journey that started in August 2021 when I hit 300 LBS. I've always been big, but that was a pretty startling number to see staring back at me from the scale. I'm also not getting any younger and am becoming more aware of the looming health problems if I don't take control of the situation. Especially as I see how my mother struggles with back pain and knee problems that impact her ability to travel comfortably for any length of time.

The first several months I yo yo'ed between 285 and back over 300 again. Then my friend recommended the myfitnesspal app in May 2022 and that has been a game changer for me. It's essentially a calorie counting app and it made me conscious of the calories I'm consuming. It also opened my eyes to some foods that are not worth the calories. I was shocked at how many calories are in a caser salad. If I'm going to use up that many calories, it won't be on a salad! I don't bother with the three bites of lobster at formal night anymore either.

I've had to adjust my strategy as my metabolism adjusted to less calories and heard about intermittant fasting which was a great addition to my diet plan. When I'm fasting, I can eat for eight hours, and then I fast for 16. Since you are asleep for 8 of those, its easier than it sounds espeically after a day or two.

In total, I was down to 198.8 when I started my 56 day journey in September. Over 100 LBS lost from my starting weight.

During the cruise I enjoyed what I wanted, when I wanted and of course after practicing better eating habits again, that did not go over so well when I got on the scale. In total over the 56 days, I gained 36.6 lbs. 

Back at home I got back on my intermittent fasting and calorie counting and quickly lost 14.4 in the next ten days. This was followed by a four day cruise where I put back on 5.8.

The next week I was mostly back on track, except for Thanksgiving, and I took back off 6.0 for a total loss since that cruise of 14.6.

I am going to try and do better this trip while knowing I will not do great and will still gain weight. I would like to not go back over where I left off last trip, which gives me a loose goal of no more than 14.6 lbs to gain.

Today was the first day I've weighed and I am +2.2 so not a great start, but of course the first couple days are always the quickest days for gaining.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

It was a pretty gloomy day for sail away, but thankfully the rain had stopped so I was able to take in the sights. I've not sailed out of New York, but out of the ports I've sailed from, none have better views than Miami!

Docked ahead of us were Norwegian Encore and Oasis of the Seas. We were parked backwards so I guess they were actually behind us.

20231126_154047-XL.jpg

Behind us, or ahead of us, Carnival Celebration.

20231126_154550-XL.jpg

Looks like Terminal E is being renovated so Carnival is back down to two terminals in Miami for the time being.

20231126_154803-XL.jpg

I see another Royal ship down at G, and Virgin down at V.

20231126_160024-XL.jpg

20231126_160125-XL.jpg

• Like 10

We're sailing towards the turn around basin now, we were the only ship today who got to do that, everyone else was facing the open ocean.

Celebration will be leaving next, but first out since she does not need to turn around.

20231126_160232-XL.jpg

20231126_160315-XL.jpg

20231126_160329-XL.jpg

Lee is doing a great job at his sail away party, and even stops what he's doing to say hello to us as we sail past! Ours got moved inside.

20231126_160346-XL.jpg

Next up is Independence of the Seas. I'm still salty about losing her and Mariner next spring from Port. Canaveral.

20231126_160510-XL.jpg

20231126_160538-XL.jpg

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Von & John said:

A little late to the party - but all caught up!
First cruise off to a great start & a huge spirit lifter to those of us from the Cold, Sun-Deprived, Snowy North...

Von Boyage & Cheers from Talkeetna - Von

Thanks for coming along again!

• Like 1