Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

14 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Table was assigned within seconds...I think I'm back in the unfriendly section of the MDR.

Can you ask the maitre'd to assign you to a table you prefer for your future check-ins? I've heard of others who do this, but never tried myself since I usually do fixed dining.

2 minutes ago, pellanor said:

Can you ask the maitre'd to assign you to a table you prefer for your future check-ins? I've heard of others who do this, but never tried myself since I usually do fixed dining.

Yes. We did that on Freedom and they were happy to accommodate. I haven't really "clicked" with anyone even though some have been better than others.

• Like 3

The natives are getting restless. I'm next to a six top which slows things down for me when they decide to pace everyone's dinner together.

I got lucky and they took my order but those folks are still waiting for service. Hoping I continue to get faster service and my app doesn't wait to come until theirs.

Think it's a different waiter, he seems friendly but clearly swamped.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 6

Ended up doing the gym. The track was a little too wet, it must have rained recently.

Lets talk about dinner.

The fried green tomatoes were not good. There was no real flavor to it and they had either been cooked too long, or sitting under a heat lamp for a while. The sauce was fine, thankfully, since it was all I could really taste.

Things improved vastly from here. The braised beef brisket was incredibly tender, juicy and full of flavor. This was easily one of the best beef briskets I've ever had! The sides were all delicious as well and better than the previous version, bringing this classic dish that was already a favorite to an even higher standard! I ordered an extra side of veggies but even without it, there was a generous portion to compliment the dish.

Next was the barramundi another favorite of mine from the classic menus. It was what I usually ordered instead of the lobster if I am recalling correctly. Again, the preparations of the sides are different and it was once again another slam dunk. Every single flavor in this dish was amazing. I wish I knew what that tomato looking thing on top was, it had a slightly sweet flavor to it and I could eat a bowl of that stuff! Both my entrees were slam dunk winners tonight!

Overall I am a huge fan of these new menus! I hope that they can maintain consistency as the menus age. If they can, I will be a huge fan of dinner on Carnival for years to come!

The baked Alaska was ok. Somewhere along the line the slice of the cake got so thin you could see through it. I dug up an old picture for reference from Magic 2018. For some reason I had ordered two slices, oh if I had only known how much smaller they would get!

IMG288-XL.jpg

Look at this one from Vista 2018

IMG270-XL.jpg

Note how these stand up like a slice of cake is supposed to, today's version could not support the weight of the ice cream. Not bad, I just know the baked Alaska can be so much better.

• Like 9

Got my packing done since I will need to move rooms tomorrow.

I thought about going out for one drink since the Piano Bar is open tonight, but I decided against it. I don't have to be up super early, but I do need to meet for B2B at 8:45 so I want to go ahead and unwind in the room and try to make it an early night.

Thanks for following along so far, tomorrow we will be in Miami to start the second leg of this trip!

Good night everyone.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Mobile bar for next week has been secured.

image.thumb.png.42aac6f615e18c8ef698752c7d67dc73.png

17014799938059179030405634151237.thumb.jpg.8742a378e0c12cfa86fb1e7b4d51462d.jpg

Off to do my last mile for the day on the track and then we'll talk about dinner.

They don’t hold onto your alcohol purchases when you are b2b? If you can receive your purchases that’s a great deal!

• Like 2

Good morning everyone. 

It was after 1 am before I finally fell asleep last night so I slept until announcements started coming into the room.

Did a final room check and I think I'm good to go. 

Heading to the meeting point now.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Somewhere along the line the slice of the cake got so thin you could see through it.

That's so funny, I was just about to write how awesome the tiny slice of cake was! I always think the desserts are too big.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, 300dtc said:

They don’t hold onto your alcohol purchases when you are b2b? If you can receive your purchases that’s a great deal!

I purchased on the last evening after they were no longer confiscating purchases. I can't say with any certainty if I had purchased earlier I would have been able to get my purchase. 

9 hours ago, grima625 said:

I have enjoyed following along on the first leg. I will be looking forward to reading about the rest. I’m enjoying your review style. 

Thank you!

• Like 3

Reading this post and your TA post. Sometimes I get the two post confused and want to ask you question about the TA post here, 

Who is your CD on this sailing? Is it Andy "for Captain"?

If it is he was our CD for Alaska last year. He was one of my favorites.

• Like 2