Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

I don't get the Piano Bar closing with a full crowd like that. He played later than he has been, like 12:15, but it was still so crowded. I'm pretty bummed by that. But it was fun while it lasted. I will have to pay more attention to Schooner Bar on Royal Caribbean but I am pretty sure they stay open till 1 AM. It's just not nearly as entertaining as Carnival's PBE so I rarely stay till closing time. 

I am back in the room for the evening, my last late night on the Magic. Tomorrow is Nassau and we have no plans but we may do something if the weather cooperates.

Good night everyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Looks cracked to me. And, if one worries about these things, a health hazard. Shouldn’t be out.

I’m not a very picky Carnival cruiser but yeah, it looks clearly imperfect and what’s the point of the fanciness if it’s all tired and beat up?

I have not followed a review on Excel class lately but Rudi’s seagrill (which of course I would never pay for an upgrade meal like that) has or had these gorgeous dishes with starfish points and by about the 5th sailing of Mardi gras they all had points broken off already. Eminently impractical regardless of the elevated experience they’re trying to provide. 

I’d prefer to do simple very well rather than over promise and under deliver.

• Like 4

@jam19872016 it’s getting time to ask the obvious questions. As someone who likely will never be in a position to do 4 b2bs on a single ship I gotta know.

1. Are you getting bored? There’s plenty of big boats sailing weekends from Miami. You could have substituted another line or ship at some point or, probably each week. But all Carnival Magic. The only ships I ever really wished to stay on more days, after the planned 7 came to their tragic and inevitable ends, were Oasis of the Seas and new Mardi Gras. Never had a bad cruise, but I tend to cover all the ground in the duration provided and then after that, I am not a repeater by nature as variety is the spice, as they say.

2. Even so, it seems the vibe changed a bit week to week based on the passengers. Is that accurate? How much difference did that make?

3. Did you ever say, why am I still on this ship instead of doing something else like going home or a completely different kind of travel this week? 

4. The weather and sea conditions have been bad; it’s been in the news and this week an MSC Bahamas cruise from NY went to New England / Canada - in December!!  How bothersome has the weather been and would you do this again this time of year? 

5. Are you tired of the food?

• Like 4

Good afternoon.

Did not mean to sleep this late since I need to sleep at a responsible time tonight but here I am just rolling out of bed past noon.

Unless M is awake and wants to roll into Nassau, the plan today is to just take it easy as the trip comes to its conclusion. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Good afternoon.

Did not mean to sleep this late since I need to sleep at a responsible time tonight but here I am just rolling out of bed past noon.

Unless M is awake and wants to roll into Nassau, the plan today is to just take it easy as the trip comes to its conclusion. 

Yeah I was kinda like “hey get up, it’s your last full day and you don’t wanna miss it!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I've got my alarm set for oh dark thirty in the morning. Diamond walk off is at 6:45 so I want to take advantage of that. The only key to a smooth exit in Miami, is to get out before 20k others while another 20k are incoming. Add in workday traffic since it is a Friday, and tomorrow is something I just want to get through ASAP. 

Add to that I am working until 5am Saturday morning which is a shift I have not worked in years. I can't remember the last time I worked those kind of hours, its going to brutal so I need to get as much rest tonight as possible and try to get home early so maybe I can catch a little nap. 

After 26 days, I don't feel like I am missing anything by wrapping up early tonight. 

Thanks for following along and I will get this thing wrapped up quicker than I did the last one I promise 😄

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2