Power strip or no power strip

Mother14

17 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

My favorite part of cruising is getting away from all these electronic leashes…I have to remember to charge my phone the last night so I can check in to my flight, if I have one…otherwise, I just let it charge in the car on the ride home.  

why do I need a watch on board, clocks are around the ship..etc..

I don't wear a watch, therefore I rely on my mobile device for the time keeping in mind possible offsets between shore time and ship time. 

As for during the vacation, my mobile device comes in handy for:

• Camera - For photographic proof of my adventures. 
  • Google Maps, including the offline map mode and the parking function so that you can set where the ship is parked and be able to get back to it. 
  • The airlines app for the flights you are taking. It also doubles for the in-flight entertainment.
  • The hotel app for the hotel you are staying at because some of them also double as your room key.
  • The airport apps for both your home airport and your destination airport
  • The password app that I use, 1Password, includes a feature which allows me to securely store documents such as backup scans of my password card and book, drivers license, social security, and global entry card. 
  • Knowing how to use the download and offline modes of my entertainment apps (audiobook, music, television, movies, books) so that I'm entertained while waiting at the airport, on the flight, or when lounging at the pool on a sea day. My downloaded programming certainly beats CruiseTV, and it gets me out of my cabin.
  • Banking apps... just in case my credit card provider alerts me of a suspicious charge.

And, yes, I do carry along additional cables and headsets including a set of budget-priced earbuds and a nice set of noise-cancelling headsets.