Sharing wifi

bdawg76

I'm doing my first cruise ever with a buddy of mine next month on the Eurodam.  He and I both want the premium Internet package, and we want to be able to use it at the same time.  It looks like the most efficient way to do this would be for me to purchase the multi-device premium Internet package for just me and then let my buddy sign on to the Navigator app with my credentials so he can access the internet as well.  Then between the two of us we could have 4 devices hooked up at any one time.

Is there any downside to this?  I have no idea what the Navigator app does, so not sure if him going through my Navigator login rather than his own creates any headaches for him, or will he have to switch back and forth between logging into my account for internet and his own for other things?

Sorry for all my dumb first time cruiser questions.

That will work.  He will have to change back to his sign in if he wants to check his account or buy shore excursions and such.  Those things can be managed other ways such as by phone, visiting the customer service desk, etc….  Changing back once or twice isn’t a big deal. 

• Like 1

Another alternative is to buy a travel router that you can connect to a single user account and then you can share that connection with as many devices to it as you like.  The downside is the router has to be near both users so it is best when used in the cabin.  But we've also used it on the cabana deck and been able to share the connection there too.  It does only have bandwidth of one connection so that is a limitation too but for simple things like checking email or browsing the internet it works OK.  I have tried several over the years. The most recent was made by TP-Link. You can google it and find them on Amazon.

2 hours ago, Real NHDOC said:

Another alternative is to buy a travel router that you can connect to a single user account and then you can share that connection with as many devices to it as you like.  The downside is the router has to be near both users so it is best when used in the cabin.  But we've also used it on the cabana deck and been able to share the connection there too.  It does only have bandwidth of one connection so that is a limitation too but for simple things like checking email or browsing the internet it works OK.  I have tried several over the years. The most recent was made by TP-Link. You can google it and find them on Amazon.

That’s a good idea but I’d rather pay more and get more bandwidth and the flexibility to not have to be together. 

• Like 1