Suitcase tags

lovetocruise1953

21 hours ago, lovetocruise1953 said:

I was going to get some see through plastic luggage tags, what shape are the Fred cabin  tags please? Some are longer than others.

Fred sends proper luggage tags to your home address about three weeks prior to cruise.  They are really strong, not just paper and are colour coded as well as being marked with your cabin number and name.  The colour indicates your embarkation time and they are used to get the cases to your cabin, so they will want those on your cases. 

If you book late, or your cabin number changes, you can pick up labels from the port to write your cabin number and name on, but still really strong labels.

We usually put an extra sheet of paper inside each case to indicate more details in the event the case gets lost, though highly unlikely the official luggage label will get damaged.

Edited by tring

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I just fold mine the way they say and put through suitcase handle and staple.  Simples.

I suspect you are thinking of P&O Jean, as they ask you to print out paper labels.  We do use the label holders for those.  We are currently on Borealis and labels still being supplied by Fred.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tring said:

Fred sends proper luggage tags to your home address about three weeks prior to cruise.  They are really strong, not just paper and are colour coded as well as being marked with your cabin number and name.  The colour indicates your embarkation time and they are used to get the cases to your cabin, so they will want those on your cases. 

If you book late, or your cabin number changes, you can pick up labels from the port to write your cabin number and name on, but still really strong labels.

We usually put an extra sheet of paper inside each case to indicate more details in the event the case gets lost, though highly unlikely the official luggage label will get damaged.

All of that is visible with the holders. But perhaps I won't bother 

9 hours ago, lovetocruise1953 said:

All of that is visible with the holders. But perhaps I won't bother 

We have used the holders for P&O cruises when the labels have to be printed out on paper, but Fred's labels are stronger than the holders and easily visible from a distance, whilst holders only have a small amount visible. 

I suggest you wait until you get your labels and then decide, though if you buy the holders before then, you may well be able to use them for other cruises.

Edited by tring