Onboard the Emerald Nov 25th 14 days

MissiCruzs

1 hour ago, BeeeJay said:

Beautiful pics!  It was bizarre to me how fast the sun went down!

I know!  I said that to my husband. It moves so slowly during the day it seems and plunk... it's gone... he asked me if I saw any steam 🙄.

Yesterday and today have been lazy sea days. Last night was production show Rock Opera which we had looked forward to the whole cruise. I believe they were almost at the end of the last song and someone yelled at them to get off the stage and off they went, the curtain came down and we were all sitting there going what just happened. The stage has multi platforms that go up and down and apparently there was a malfunction and the cast was in danger.  That was scary but handled well I think. 

Tonight there's a farewell show in the theater but simulcast into Explorers so we're going in that direction. 

Overall it was an awesome cruise. I'll post a review after I get home and post the patters.

Thanks for coming along with me!

Thank You for Sharing

We are wondering if you could help us with a ?

We will be doing a 15 day cruise on the Emerald in 2 weeks.  

Do you have any feedback on he adults only area in regards to comfort, quiet, shade?

Any other suggestions for areas to enjoy the numerous sea days we will have? We are contemplating a full week Sanctuary Pass but have been very content if we can find shade in the Adult area's o npast cruises. 

2 hours ago, MattnTricia said:

Thank You for Sharing

We are wondering if you could help us with a ?

We will be doing a 15 day cruise on the Emerald in 2 weeks.  

Do you have any feedback on he adults only area in regards to comfort, quiet, shade?

Any other suggestions for areas to enjoy the numerous sea days we will have? We are contemplating a full week Sanctuary Pass but have been very content if we can find shade in the Adult area's o npast cruises. 

Certainly... the only true adult area is the Sanctuary.  Overhead there are areas of metal ceilings in places and sun sails in-between.  The pictures I posted may show some of that.  When you first walk in there are 5 chairs under a metal ceiling that stay mostly sun free but the pool is one deck below and there is noise from people talking.  There are loungers around the pool but people get up at 5 a.m. and claim all the chairs with their towels and possessions but they are in the sun all day anyway.  On port days you will hear noise from the port...could be forklifts, buses, etc. I think the best loungers are around the edges looking out at the water but you may experience sun as the ship moves.  If you decide to book it for the whole cruise or just days here and there you need to go directly there after boarding to get a chance at a good location.

The terrace pool on Deck 14 is an Adult pool but the loungers are all out in the sun.

Skywalkers on Deck 18 is a great place for solitude and views with it's floor to ceiling windows.  Folks go there to play cards, read, gaze out at the sea during the day.  Below that on Deck 17 is a bar called Adagio that is quiet during the day and also used for playing cards and reading by folks.

You're probably going to have a lot of kids on your cruise during the time you are cruising.  The Sanctuary really is your best option for an Adult area.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MissiCruzs said:

Certainly... the only true adult area is the Sanctuary.  Overhead there are areas of metal ceilings in places and sun sails in-between.  The pictures I posted may show some of that.  When you first walk in there are 5 chairs under a metal ceiling that stay mostly sun free but the pool is one deck below and there is noise from people talking.  There are loungers around the pool but people get up at 5 a.m. and claim all the chairs with their towels and possessions but they are in the sun all day anyway.  On port days you will hear noise from the port...could be forklifts, buses, etc. I think the best loungers are around the edges looking out at the water but you may experience sun as the ship moves.  If you decide to book it for the whole cruise or just days here and there you need to go directly there after boarding to get a chance at a good location.

The terrace pool on Deck 14 is an Adult pool but the loungers are all out in the sun.

Skywalkers on Deck 18 is a great place for solitude and views with it's floor to ceiling windows.  Folks go there to play cards, read, gaze out at the sea during the day.  Below that on Deck 17 is a bar called Adagio that is quiet during the day and also used for playing cards and reading by folks.

You're probably going to have a lot of kids on your cruise during the time you are cruising.  The Sanctuary really is your best option for an Adult area.

thank you

That is great info